UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's conference championship game

Glad to see the ticket office is up early this morning

Dear Season Ticket Holders,

The UAlbany Women’s Basketball Team will be hosting the America East Championship Game on Saturday March 10th at 8:00 P.M. Season ticket holders can reserve their regular season seats for this game. Due to America East policy chairbacks are $30 per ticket for this game. However, UAlbany Athletics would like to offer season ticket holders their seats for $25 per ticket. Please call or email me as soon as possible to reserve your seats. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Tuesday March 6th at 12:00 P.M.

Furthermore, there will not be courtside seating available for this game due to the number of press and conference representatives attending. Courtside season ticket holders can reserve chairback seating for $25 per ticket in any seat that is not currently held by a fellow season ticket holder.

Lastly, I thought I would include the general ticket information so that you were aware of the ticket prices for this game:

$30 for chairbacks (non-season ticket holders)

$25 for reserved adults/seniors

$10 for students (valid UAlbany or UMBC ID)

$5 for youth reserved (18 and under)

Thank you for your continued support, we cannot wait until Saturday night! Go Great Danes!

Thank you,

Brian Rudolph

(518) 437-4415

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No courtside seating for this game. Doh! I know at least one poster here is going to be very upset about that.

We welcome the folks from millionaire's row to sit with us commoners up in the cheap seats :D

No courtside seating for this game. Doh! I know at least one poster here is going to be very upset about that.

We welcome the folks from millionaire's row to sit with us commoners up in the cheap seats :D

you beat to the punch there. :lol:

I'll only add, he should be upset if it ends up being an empty seat for a media member who doesn't show up.

There were some media that did a great job this weekend. I think it was YNN that even was trying to interview fans. I and some others did not want to go on the air. Kudos to Alum 73.

But there were others who were no shows. Where was Santillo of the Troy Record. 2 teams playing to get in the conference championship and he is no where to be found. Extremely weak on his part. Even the TU had someone there.

Where was Santillo of the Troy Record. 2 teams playing to get in the conference championship and he is no where to be found. Extremely weak on his part. Even the TU had someone there.

Troy Record sent Santillo to MA for the MAAC Conference Tourney.

I guess he is their only sports reporter and the Record felt MAAC was a better cover story than AE.

E-Mail from Aluni Assn. to Alums:

$5 Game Tickets to the Women's Basketball

Championship at the SEFCU Arena!

The Great Danes women defeated the Binghamton Bearcats 58-50 to advance to the program's first-ever America East Conference Championship game. The Great Danes will host fifth-seeded UMBC on Saturday, March 10, at 8 p.m. at SEFCU Arena. Come out to cheer on the women's team as they play for an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament!

The Alumni Association is offering UAlbany alumni a limited number of $5 tickets ($25 value) for adult reserved seats and FREE youth tickets (18 and under) up to four, with at least one adult ticket purchased.

Don't miss a chance to watch history happen! Register now!

You must register by Friday, March 9, at 10 a.m. All tickets will be available for pick up at the UAlbany Will Call table beginning at 7 p.m. at the SEFCU Arena on Saturday, March 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where was Santillo of the Troy Record. 2 teams playing to get in the conference championship and he is no where to be found. Extremely weak on his part. Even the TU had someone there.

I guess he is their only sports reporter and the Record felt MAAC was a better cover story than AE.

Well, that is a dumb decision.

Anybody have a guess as to how many people come out for this game ? I hope it's a full house but honestly I will be surprised

I couldn't even guess.

This is the 3rd season of the higher seed hosted the womens championship.

Last season Hartford at BU got 1198. The season before Vermont at Hartford 2253,

I would hope we have a bigger crowd than BU, but the students are away. I would be a very pleasant surprise if we got a crowd as big as Hartford. They had been good for a while and their womens team has been more popular with their fan base.

Anybody have a guess as to how many people come out for this game ? I hope it's a full house but honestly I will be surprised

I couldn't even guess.

This is the 3rd season of the higher seed hosted the womens championship.

Last season Hartford at BU got 1198. The season before Vermont at Hartford 2253,

I would hope we have a bigger crowd than BU, but the students are away. I would be a very pleasant surprise if we got a crowd as big as Hartford. They had been good for a while and their womens team has been more popular with their fan base.

Is it possible for the university to implement an all out media blitz this week to advertise the event?

I assume no D1 ladies team from the immediate vicinity has gone to a ncaa tournament. The garbage from across town couldn't have ever sent their ladies to the tournament, even considering its the lowly maac.

Well, that is a dumb decision.

Hahah.. then contact the Record and let them know. Bob you're gonna run out of newspapers to read..no TU, now the Troy Record... :lol:

We had 1300 at the regular season finale against Bing which would be more than BU had last year. The students being out probably don't help but twice the the Bing attendance would be fun.

The way this team defends it would be great to see them feed off a big lively crowd.

"No courtside seating for this game. Doh! I know at least one poster here is going to be very upset about that." - Dane Pound

disappointing ... must be expecting an unreal turnout from the Maryland press corp ... we had our seats for the home America East Conference Championship Game, and again the year we hosted the America East Conference Tournament ... :glare:

despite the fact that we have had six seats together for nearly ten years, i was told we may not have six seats together for saturday ... :huh:

Archived