UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stairs have not been replaced yet. They've paved the area behind the grandstand.

8qvp.jpg

There are actually fourteen flagpoles behind the east bleachers, more than the CAA football membership

xo5k.jpg

The endzone flagpoles no taller than the fourteen, nowhere near as tall as the ones at University Field (and too close together for those huge flags, too).

3zqd.jpg

More sod was put down even outside the stadium fence

xk6l.jpg

14 Flagpoles (IMHO) = 12 CAA Football schools (Elon on board next year); the CAA Football Banner; the AE League Banner (other sports).

I think 14 also fit well given the spacing and symetry needed.

They can always put up UAlbany flags or switch them out depending on the game. Military appreciation day with the branch flags and american flags?

Whatever is up there will really enhance the view from the home side.

Play clocks put up this morning. I thought they'd be bigger, but from a QB point-of-view, the height is very much appreciated.

Some places put them on the stadium wall and they end up getting blocked by sideline spectators and press .

Former $iena coach Mike Deane was on Wyland's show this morning. He's now an assistant at James Madison, and mentioned in passing that they expect to going to another league, driven by football. No details or timing given yet, of course.

Former $iena coach Mike Deane was on Wyland's show this morning. He's now an assistant at James Madison, and mentioned in passing that they expect to going to another league, driven by football. No details or timing given yet, of course.

Not surprising.

JMU is the biggest flight risk in the CAA. You don't build a $65m 25,000 seat stadium to stay in FCS. I'm sure they'll end up in the MAC, Sun Belt or CUSA (ODU is pushing for them in CUSA).

They are finishing up their FBS feasibility study this month and there its almost a 100% chance it will recommend a move to FBS.

Apparently, no their are no such plans. However, Heery--I believe, is contracted through 2015. I believe McElroy has stated they want to put them to work on planning as soon as this job is finished.

The real need is: FAN TURNOUT. If we can average 7,000 a game (I believe as the later football months come...you will see a decrease in attendance because of weather issues relate to the berm)...they will plan for the next phase. This is the interesting phase that can go many ways however, I believe it will go as follows:

1) Addition of revenue generating 2nd level of suites and a completion of the upper and lower levels of the visitor sides, with the temp bleachers moving behind the South Endzone.

or

2) Addition of revenue generating 2nd level of suites, permanent lower bowl on the visiting side, and the endzone facility housing sports medicine, lockerooms, academic space and coaches offices/meeting rooms.

I remember that 2015 contract point, now that you brought it up again. Draft those plans!. I'd prefer option #1... I'd rather see seating expanded first. As for the building facility thought, that would eliminate seating in that end zone, would it not? Although I think I'd like the look.

Edited by uofalbany

As for the building facility thought, that would eliminate seating in that end zone, would it not? Although I think I'd like the look.

Not if it's something like the concept photos, though they'd have to raise or move the big scoreboard for this plan.

b_125413.jpg