UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are new curbs behind the grandstand; probably just to repave the SEFCU lot back to its original size (Should we still call it the SEFCU lot if it serves Ford Field as well?). I thought they might be putting in an approach lane for buses, but don't see how a bus could turn around once it got in there.

Also looks like there are windows for a second ticket booth at the base of the tower, facing the parking lot.

Pedetsrian light polls are starting to go in today as well as the permiter fencing. Seems like a lot of the finishing touches now.

Could they be using the area behind the visitor's bleachers as a staging area to construct the flag poles? (An not pedestrian lighting poles?)

Edited by haggyland

Pedetsrian light polls are starting to go in today as well as the permiter fencing. Seems like a lot of the finishing touches now.

Could they be using the area behind the visitor's bleachers as a staging area to construct the flag poles? (An not pedestrian lighting poles?)

They could be, but it looks like their mounting one now.

Also of note, is a row of yellow chair backs going in above the steps and under the upper deck.

Also of note, is a row of yellow chair backs going in above the steps and under the upper deck.

The top row is supposed to be the handicapped seating. If that's where it is for the rest of the sections and they put in two more rows, that'll come to the twelve rows they've been selling.

They could be, but it looks like their mounting one now.

I wonder if those are flag poles to hold various team flags, etc.?

There seems to be way too many in a row to be pedestrian lights. It would be pretty cool if they put all the CAA team flags up there.

Looks like there are 12 spots for poles to go in and 10 lying on the ground (2 up already)

We need a Brutus "confirm/deny"

Edited by danefan

I wonder if those are flag poles to hold various team flags, etc.?

There seems to be way too many in a row to be pedestrian lights. It would be pretty cool if they put all the CAA team flags up there.

Looks like there are 12 spots for poles to go in and 10 lying on the ground (2 up already)

We need a Brutus "confirm/deny"

They certainly look like flagpoles to me, but I don't feel like digging through the plans again.

Also, if Brutus is having an open forum I would like to know the status of the dog statue at the top of the ramp. Is it part of the construction project or will it be a gift from another party? (I think we were promised a whole pack of great danes near the fountain at Collins Circle.)

Another question: What is the point of the three asphalt strips behind the visitor's stands that run to the perimeter fencing?....I can't wait three more weeks to find out!

They definitely need to balance out those bright yellow chair backs with purple benches (or something) on either side. Looks "off" to me. Also I assume they will be laying sod around the walkways?

Hopefully it will be full most of the time and you won't see any seats.