UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hey DaneFan, you said on AGS that the AD said they wouldn't start construction prior to 2015 on the extension (how greedy we are, considering where we were 2 years ago). Is this from the newscast or other info?

The desire to expand immediately was from McElroy's interview on ESPN Radio.

The timeline is my guess. I can't imagine us building out Phase II any early than 2015 given our history.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFM put out another progress report last week. http://www.albany.edu/facilities/fp/athleticfields.html

Project Progress as of July 15, 2013:

The Multi-use venue rapidly progresses towards the September completion date. The past several months have seen a majority of the press building exterior and permanent seating structure finished with most work taking place at the interior press level, stair towers and along the main concourse level where toilet facilities, concessions and other spectator amenities are located. The scoreboard with 39’x22’ HD video display and point-source sound system is in the final stages of assembly behind the south end zone. The visitor side bleacher seating is expected to be installed in the next several weeks. Current work includes “behind-the-scenes” tasks such as building cabling (electrical, broadcast, data, phone and other signal wiring) and testing of some building systems. Painting, ceilings and other finishes have begun at the press level and stair towers. Additional site work to the west of the stadium structure is set to begin shortly as the construction field offices have been relocated closer to the new Track & Field venue.

The Rec Field Turf behind Dutch Quad is fully complete and available for University use. The sports lighting system has recently been activated and programmed for use by UAlbany Campus Recreation.

The new Track & Field venue at the former University Field is under construction. The old track surface has been removed, new utility and other infrastructure in place, existing sports lighting system relocated and site grading with new retaining walls is basically complete. Track and infield curbing with drainage has begun. When the venue is complete, the facility will be home to a new nine-lane track surface, natural turf infield for field events and a nearby new hammer throw facility south of the existing softball field.

The new photos are mostly of the T&F work - and is that new seating at the softball field?

athleticfieldsrepair41-lg.png

One more day and then I am issuing a stern rebuke. We can't rely on 72's good graces in perpetuity, methinks.

I anticipate with great excitement your strongly worded message board post...that will TEACH 'EM!

So, I passed right through the "stern rebuke" phase, and now I am at full-blown irritation levels.

The athletic's department has to know that some people rely on the webcam to make it through their day.

So, I passed right through the "stern rebuke" phase, and now I am at full-blown irritation levels.

The athletic's department has to know that some people rely on the webcam to make it through their day.

Seriously!

Maybe crews have been working day and night and this is all being done on purpose so that it's a huge surprise when they unveil that this is our new stadium! (with the right team name):

http://doblelol.com/...las-cowboys.jpg

That is one horrible view. No offense to anyone here, 'atmosphere' or not, you wouldn't catch me dead paying for a seat like that. Watching on TV is 1000x better. Unless you're in the lowest bowl on the sidelines, every other seat blows. Same goes for the NBA (my most favorite sport) or big College arenas...unless you have an almost TV-like view, it's a waste of money. Better watch it on TV on a nice comfy couch with cheap great food. And less hassle.

Edited by Ilko

Gold seats aren't in yet, but it looks like they brightened up the overhang,1x4r.jpg

and they're pouring concrete for the concourse under the second deck

jjxp.jpg

and asphalt behind the visitors' side

7t64.jpg

the sidewalks have been replaced

7ibw.jpg

still digging behind the grandstand

c3ff.jpg

all the beams are purple now

1b5g.jpg