UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutus or soemone else confirmed this earlier. Soccer lines inside the football sidelines are only there for soccer games and removed for football games. - danefan

danefan is correct I recall the same thing.

Remember we got the money to build the stadium on the basis of it being a Multi Purpose facility - not so we can have a place to play 4 or 5 games a year. We know it's primarily a Football Stadium but some concessions must bemade!

The new "paint" technology is awesome. Heck, in the MLS they use a spray paint to mark the "spot" of a free kick. The paint / powder disappears within moments. Pretty cool.

The only negative of the football/soccer/lax mixed-use is the distance from the stands to the sidelines. If it works in the pros...it will be fine for us.

Took the Miss Aka Lady Ram to Saratoga to see the horses and on the way back we stopped to see the progress. People are going to be blown away by the size of the score board and video screen. I felt that with our stadium regardless to how the team does people will come for the experience aka minor league baseball. Looking foward to September 14.

I just got the email from Mary Johnson at UAlbany. I'll be one of the names on an appreciation plaque in the stadium. Very exciting :-)

For those of you who asked for a small donor program, Mary and team will be rolling it out. Stay tuned. This is your opportunity to donate if you haven't already. It may be an opportunity to donate again. Make donating a routine activity like stopping at Donkin Donuts. Do it.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

Its sounds like a plaque with the names of donors that have supported the stadium. Obviously like everything else I'm sure there is a floor and ceiling threshold meaning you would have had to given a minimum amount but the big boy donors I'm sure get more than a plaque. Still, it's a very nice gesture and makes me want to give again... I'm sure that is kind of the point.

The main takeaway is that UA is rolling out a small donor program. I don't have all the details but they'll be some advertising to coincide with the initiative. This goes hand-in-hand with the idea of those that advocated a "buy a brick" campaign. Fund raising opportunities have extended beyond just the big supports, which is good.

After next week we can't complain that they have not actively sought our financial support. Here's your chance.

Edited by SoCal_Dane