UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second home game is historically low attendance.

The first game and homecoming are the big draws.

The first game gets the students out until they remember the stadium is terrible.

Homecoming brings alumni and parents.

The stadium will change all this. Saturday night games would be even better.

A couple thoughts from yesterday:

-Attendance was disappointing. Especially for the quality of this team. Honestly, people should show up just to watch the guy with the smoker in the parking lot.

-That fake punt was one of the most exciting plays I've seen in a while. Ballsy as hell and deflated the Monmouth side of the field in under 15 seconds.

-People behind me were talking about how Julian Hays was effective for Monmouth. He finished with 12 carries for 23 yards and the Hawks overall they had 25 carries for 53 yards. A Siena fan would have an easier time getting a beer from Bob than the Hawks did getting yards on the ground.

-I'm learning that when Ruler and Danefan says were going to be really good I should listen to them.

Earlier in this thread there is a lot of talk about the DaneZone. I know many of you will never watch any games on there because you are at most football and basketball games but for us out of towners it is the only way we can watch games. If you know Charlie Veolker please let him know this needs to be fixed! If you just feel like helping us out please email him and let him know this needs improvement. I have many friends who would love to watch the games but have signed up and cancelled after watching one game because it was so bad. Anyone with connections please mention it.

Post game thoughts. WOW! This team is actually better than I expected. The big play ability and our ever improving qb play( I know the last two weeks haven't been great statistically) makes this team super dangerous.

In years past we would grind a team down with our O line and running game. Last year we lit up the scoreboard with Dilella's play and this year the QB may be better!! With this team a D Coordinator has no idea what to expect. Year in and year out they would stack 8-9 in the box and dared us to throw. Do that with this team and your D.O.A!

Going forward they can't think they will show up and win. Barring injury or falling victim to their own success is the only thing stopping this team. Bryant is a real trap game! They have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for. Come out flat and this game will be tough to win. Come out and punch em in the mouth and they will fold like a circus tent.

Post game thoughts. WOW! This team is actually better than I expected. The big play ability and our ever improving qb play( I know the last two weeks haven't been great statistically) makes this team super dangerous.

In years past we would grind a team down with our O line and running game. Last year we lit up the scoreboard with Dilella's play and this year the QB may be better!! With this team a D Coordinator has no idea what to expect. Year in and year out they would stack 8-9 in the box and dared us to throw. Do that with this team and your D.O.A!

Going forward they can't think they will show up and win. Barring injury or falling victim to their own success is the only thing stopping this team. Bryant is a real trap game! They have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for. Come out flat and this game will be tough to win. Come out and punch em in the mouth and they will fold like a circus tent.

Well said, especially the circus tent thing!

Ford knows how to keep his boys grounded. I expect a great season.

And Smith is a vocal leader, and he seems to be a very grounded individual.

Edited by uofalbany

The only saving grace for us this week is that Bryant beat us the last two years - both in classic trap games. Drew Smith even mentioned this in his post-game interview this week.

These seniors are ready to knock Bryant out.

I was at the game and watched the replay on TW3--so my 2ç. Wyland and especially Bye kept criticsing Fiacchii for a second sub par game. I think they are wrong and the final numbers bare this out. Also, King dropped a wide open touch down pass that would have made the numbers even more impressive. Early on Monmouth's pass rush did give Will some problems, but once the coaches play calling reacted to this and the O-Line stepped up, he was superb if you ask me. The D was outstanding all game and except for a fumbled kick-off, the game would have been even more of a rout. Monmouth's "run game" was short passes and their QBs stats. looked impressive (except for 3 picks) because of this. When you factor in or average in no real run game (53yds I think), he was so what at best. In short, except for a disappointing attendance it was an OUTSTANDING and dominating game, and I do not feel we have to be reserved with out praise for this team.

DanesRGreat and "fans of a Great distance", who depend on media for their UA enjoyment/fix, I truly sympathize. Even though I am local I have on at least three occasions ordered Dane Zone only to subsequently cancel for all the reasoned mentioned. Like many of you, I have complained about poor media and poor promoting in general. One blogger was describing a complex procedure how to to get the link up and running and others mentioned checking their download speeds. The casual fan will NOT do these things. While, I know how to check downloads, I did not understand the procedure posted at all and unless one is very tech savy, I doubt most could or would even attempt it. The point being "Fans" whether casual or devote should NOT have to put up with such poor quality and nonsense. TURN THE GAME ON WATCH OR LISTEN. This being said, I think the solution (and I have complained about this many times) is some sort of cooperative program where fans can purchase home and AWAY games from a media outlet. This would allow both local and distant fans to watch/listen to their team of interest. It is totally absurd to have to pay $5.95--$9.95 and to have to go through the registration process every time one want to watch a game. I am not saying the service should be free, but a one time/yearly fee and enrollment for home and away games should be promoted.