UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Article on SEFCU Attendance

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Students-hard-to-find-in-SEFCU-Arena-seats-4084159.php

Not a big fan of this being in the paper the day after the Albany-Siena game, but it is a very interesting one. It is a major problem for this school.

We all know it has been worse for UA. Heck, Fessler and I can remind you of the early 2000's when we would stand in a group of 5-6 students trying to make noise and that was it.

I believe the students who do show up should get priority on certain things. The die-hards should get priority tickets to the Big Purple Growl, AE Tournament, Siena...heck even select away games if possible. I don't know, it is just an idea. The one thing that always pissed me off about BPG was they did the Battle of the Quads. ResLife would pack in people to win a stupid banner contest and after that...DIDN'T PROMOTE ANYTHING. I remember going to the events and wanting to punch some people because they showed up in their little get-ups and pretend they cared, and walked out after a didn't come back (that was until ESPN showed up for the Conference Championship). What was more upsetting was guys like Fessler and I would be sitting at the top of the student section and these guys who show up for 1-2 games get to sit front row behind the basket. I think die-hards need to be taken care of and given some perks. And don't give me this Danger Zone crap.

Something has to be done to draw students in. I don't know what and I believe UA has smart people in the AD to figure it out. The school and program deserve better.

by the way...this is something that does need to be taken care of, especially with a new football stadium coming in. Would be really silly if UA has this great new stadium they fought hard to get for years and the student turnout is minimal. I have a feeling this is not just a basketball problem.

All the area media hypes this as the biggest game of the season in this area and this is what the TU writtes now. Garbage article in a garbage paper. No surprise.

If you want to write an article in the paper about students not showing there will be more than enough time for those for the lesser communitry college as their losses mount and they can't get being 0-3 to the AE and especially losing their superbowl.

Edited by bob87

Folks you are allowing the "TU" to be successful. They are stealing your joyous moments from the Albany Cup victory by getting you stirred up with ugly, poorly written and unresearched stories. The sole purpose of which is to take you away from feeling good!

We have won 5 of the last six Albany Cup games (men's and women's) over the last three years. At this moment we are Albany basketball!!!

Enjoy it!!!

We all know it has been worse for UA. Heck, Fessler and I can remind you of the early 2000's when we would stand in a group of 5-6 students trying to make noise and that was it.

This is the key and it's why I'm not worried. Our attendance and our teams are a lot better than they were 10 years ago. In 10 more years both things will be better still and I'm going to enjoy watching both of them grow.

That's the fun part about watching an athletic program being built from scratch. You look at where we were, look at where we are and look at where we can go.

As Patch pointed out. I'm enjoying this.

http://www.timesunio...ats-4084159.php

Not a big fan of this being in the paper the day after the Albany-Siena game, but it is a very interesting one. It is a major problem for this school.

I believe the students who do show up should get priority on certain things. The die-hards should get priority tickets to the Big Purple Growl, AE Tournament, Siena...heck even select away games if possible. I don't know, it is just an idea. The one thing that always pissed me off about BPG was they did the Battle of the Quads. ResLife would pack in people to win a stupid banner contest and after that...DIDN'T PROMOTE ANYTHING. I remember going to the events and wanting to punch some people because they showed up in their little get-ups and pretend they cared, and walked out after a didn't come back (that was until ESPN showed up for the Conference Championship). What was more upsetting was guys like Fessler and I would be sitting at the top of the student section and these guys who show up for 1-2 games get to sit front row behind the basket. I think die-hards need to be taken care of and given some perks. And don't give me this Danger Zone crap.

Something has to be done to draw students in. I don't know what and I believe UA has smart people in the AD to figure it out. The school and program deserve better.

When current passionate students reach out and want to do things with athletics and are ignored... it's unacceptable. I'll leave it at that.

Another viewpoint that you can read out of the article is that Coach Brown and the Danes have a product very worthy of being seen and enjoyed. I would spend too much time looking negatively at Wilkins's article.

I'm with Dane Pound and agree that it is wonderful to see a successful program being built from the start.

I was very pleased with student attendance at the Duquesne game. I'll give students a pass on the Wagner game---day after vacation, first day of classes, LI students impacted by Sandy. We just have to admit times have changed! UA has a lot of promos for students to attend but they have to contend with social media, TV in dorm rooms, etc., etc. When the students attend they seem to have a good time but I don't have a clue how to keep them keep coming. Do the athletes live with everyday students ? We had more students at wrestling matches than we now have at BB games especially WBB games. But then I'm an Oldtimer

Folks you are allowing the "TU" to be successful. They are stealing your joyous moments from the Albany Cup victory by getting you stirred up with ugly, poorly written and unresearched stories. The sole purpose of which is to take you away from feeling good!

We have won 5 of the last six Albany Cup games (men's and women's) over the last three years. At this moment we are Albany basketball!!!

Enjoy it!!!

Yep... wouldn't even bother reading any TU scribble anymore. I'll read a RECORD article, nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Students were sent an email from UAlbany today quoting the TU... telling them to prove the TU wrong and come out to the game. Seemed to have gotten a few TU writers peeved Funny they can critique and complain about things but as soon as someone brings it back on them they can't handle it.