UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont Bus Trip Information - Sat, Jan 5th

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vermont just punched us in the mouth and knocked half our teeth out. They outplayed us both offensively and defensively.

They came to abuse us, and we got on our knees and closed our eyes.

Either we weren't UP for the game, or we just ain't that good folks. We're probably not as good as we thought, and probably not as bad

as today turned out. I'm beginning to think that getting past either sbu or vermont come tournament time might not be possible.

Either way, I place the nasty loss on the coaching staff.

Edited by uofalbany

We've played 16 games won 12 and lost 4 - 2 of those losses on the last play of games.

Today we got busted in the mouth and didn't respond and that's upsetting!!!

But lets realize in the 4 games previous to this one we gave up 218pts for a 54.5 pg avg.

Hell Ohio St which is pretty damn good just got smacked by a good Illinois team by 19 scoring 55 pts on the road.

Lets see how UA responds.

These......

We've played 16 games won 12 and lost 4 - 2 of those losses on the last play of games.

Today we got busted in the mouth and didn't respond and that's upsetting!!!

But lets realize in the 4 games previous to this one we gave up 218pts for a 54.5 pg avg.

Hell Ohio St which is pretty damn good just got smacked by a good Illinois team by 19 scoring 55 pts on the road.

Lets see how UA responds.

...and forgot about this. Good thought DP.

This seems like a good time to remember a game from last year. Stony Brook, a really good defensive team, went into Patrick Gym last and gave up 68 points to UVM and lost 68-49. Then went on to win the regular season title.

I think the truth is that just about any team is capable of getting its but kicked big time. The real question is how does the team react to the beating. In golf the question always is: how do you respond to a bad shot or a bad round, because both are going to happen.

All I know about "O" & "D" is if you are good at both you should win most of your games; good at one and not the other probably win around half your games; and bad at both, well not too likely to win too often. So far this year, UA HAS BEEN pretty good at both, yesterday very bad at both hence the arse whipping. For those in panic, Vermont is not going to go 16-0, 10-6 would not surprise me. I have not seen brook yet, but I still feel UA (and yes I was at the game) is every good and perhaps better than VT. A lot of credit has been handed out to VT defense (and rightfully so) but many of our TO's were unforced and UA missed maybe 6-10 lay-ins {especially by the bigs, but also the guards missed a number of "easy" chances.} Combine that with some wide open 3's which we normally make +40% of the time, and all of a sudden you can not give 100% credit to VT's D. In other words we were bad at both and as I said that is why we got BEEEEEEAT. One last observation, it appeared to me UA players were slipping and sliding all over the place as if on ice, while VT. did not suffer this problem. Maybe they hold a practice or two on their ice rink to get use to these conditions [just kidding really?].

Edited by dslyank

As long as I don't see Brown and O'Donnell twitting every half an hour about movies and politics, then I will assume they are watching film and focusing

on what they are paid to focus on... I want a championship and I want one now. No more half ass accomplishments.

As long as I don't see Brown and O'Donnell twitting every half an hour about movies and politics, then I will assume they are watching film and focusing

on what they are paid to focus on... I want a championship and I want one now. No more half ass accomplishments.

Agreed! Noticie the tweets increase when they're winning. This loss better have brought the coaching staff and players back down to earth!

Some of you guys really amaze me.

I believe Coaches work long hard hours.

I also believe players play because they win time in practice (which of course we don't see).

The Coaches know we just played a terrible game and the players know it too.

Neither wanted it to happen but "Siena" happens.

Lets hope it was an abberation and we can recover from it.

It amazes me how so called loyal fans can put players down and kick them to the curb.

The players are trying to play the best they can.

If you're unhappy at 12-4 blame the coaches don't rip the players.

At the start of the season I for one would have gladly accepted 12-4 by Jan 6th with a BCS win and a win over $iena.

Edited by Patch

Can you blame fans for being upset about the smacking they took on Saturday? I hope it was an aberration also.

I don't see anyone ripping any players here though. Numbers don't lie. We acknowledge players for their accomplishments, we should bring up their flaws as well.