UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2013 Men's Lacrosse

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually 7-3 in Non-Conference, and they still have Siena. I think that win last night gets the Great Danes in the NCAA Tournament even if they don't win the AE Title (so long as they don't kick the bed in conference play). They are now 2-3 against Top 15 (not even Top 20 teams), w/ all the loses by 7 goals or less (1 by 1 goal). Frankly, I don't see how Selection Committee ignores that (mind you the two wins happened on the road and only 2 of the 5 games were played at home). But let's hope they keep it going and kick-ass in conference play.

actually 7-3 in Non-Conference, and they still have Siena. I think that win last night gets the Great Danes in the NCAA Tournament even if they don't win the AE Title (so long as they don't kick the bed in conference play). They are now 2-3 against Top 15 (not even Top 20 teams), w/ all the loses by 7 goals or less (1 by 1 goal). Frankly, I don't see how Selection Committee ignores that (mind you the two wins happened on the road and only 2 of the 5 games were played at home). But let's hope they keep it going and kick-ass in conference play.

The ooc record is 6-3... don't forget one of our games was Binghamton... making 7-3 overall

Now it's close regarding an at large, but I wouldn't count on the selection committee.

Edited by uofalbany

Awesome game. I was on the edge of my seat the entire fourth gtr (actually the entire game) especially the last two minutes. TU said Eich picked up a ground ball and went the length for the winner; but it was actually a bullet pass from Riorden after a save that set up the winner. I am surprised he was not awarded an assist, but I am often confused about the assist rules in Lacrosse.

I think to get an at large bid we'd have to win the regular season AE title and the semi-final tournament game. Then if we got upset in the champ. game, I think the selection committee would be hard pressed to keep us out.

Edited by dslyank

I was at a friend's house for dinner last night. Out of the 10 people there 5 of them graduated with from UA. I made them turn on the game and we watched the whole second half. Very exciting and they were all into it and excited to see the Danes on ESPNU beating a lacrosse powerhouse. What a great win and so great to see our freshman goalie have a really nice game. That outlet pass he made for the coast to coast game winning goal was so awesome!

Hopkins did a great job defensively the whole game and really bottled up Lyle the whole game by running multiple defenders at him every time he had the ball and cutting off his passing lanes really well.

Edited by DanesRGood

The ooc record is 6-3... don't forget one of our games was Binghamton... making 7-3 overall

Now it's close regarding an at large, but I wouldn't count on the selection committee.

The Baltimore Sun wrote a pretty good article on UA's chances at an at large: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/lacrosse-blog/bal-albany-in-midst-of-unique-season-and-taking-aim-at-postseason-20130406,0,6632350.story

SBU losing today is kind of an interesting development. They're now tied for fourth with Bing in what would be the last playoff spot. The championship is at Stony Brook this year. Would be kind of strange if they hosted and weren't in it.