UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Lcc fans would tell us the annual game is our superbowl? Patsos singled this game out in his presser as a MUST win... But yet, the game doesn't matter to siena fans... Right?

LOL on the LCC fans. Never buy a thing they say. Nothing has changed. They need this game at home because their fans can't handle watching it on TV every other year and as such they must win to try to keep their myth alive. :D

Having seen him 'coach' against us at Mohegan Sun last November, I'd expect most visitors to be calling for him to get T'ed up about five minutes into every game.

I've seen him coach several times in person and he is very "intense". Should've been T'ed up at Mohegan.

Here is quote:

@AndrewChampagne: Patsos emphasized the game against UAlbany. Direct quote: "We HAVE to beat Albany."” Clearly the quote of the day

Edited by DanesRGood

A good move for Patsos. The last thing a MAAC coach would want is the academic requirements for recruits in the Patriot League had he stayed at Loyola.

Seems like he's coveted the Siena job for a long time. Now he's got it.

Having seen him 'coach' against us at Mohegan Sun last November, I'd expect most visitors to be calling for him to get T'ed up about five minutes into every game.

I've seen him coach several times in person and he is very "intense". Should've been T'ed up at Mohegan.

Here is quote:

@AndrewChampagne: Patsos emphasized the game against UAlbany. Direct quote: "We HAVE to beat Albany."” Clearly the quote of the day

Kinda sounds like some people on this board lol..;)

We HAVE to win a game that has no bearing on the team winning the regular season, championship game/going to the tourney.

Shall be interesting. Sounds like he is similar to Randy Monroe regarding his courtside manner.

Forget about him. Let's get 4000 screaming fans in the SEFCU every game.

I think Vermont has had the success that it has over the past decade because of their regular fan support. We need to average at least 3,000 fans a game going forward (preferably 3,500-4,000). They also seem to always snag up the 3-star recruits more than any other school in the league, yet they may have the worst facilities.

While driving up to Burlington a few weeks ago for the AE Championship game, I listed to a live interview of Mike Trimboli prior to the game (he was at the game as a fan). When asked why he decided to come to UVM to play, he said it was all about the fan support. His exact statement (more or less) was that you won't find another mid-major basketball program with more fan support on the east coast. He's probably right.

I continue to believe that the best way to build our basketball program and take it to higher levels is with increased fan support. It does matter, and it appeals to recruits and helps us win at home. What this means is that when it's 10 degrees out, and we have a home game against UMBC or UNH, we all (myself included) need to get off our couch and get to the game. No excuses and none of the -1 LCC stuff.

Just like casting our votes on election day, it does matter, and we do have a responsibility as a fan of UAlbany to go to the games (most of us do of course).

Edited by UA_MA_2000

UA_MA_2000 - recognizing problems is easy - how about coming up with a viable solution besides SEFCU and CB buying tickets!!!

IMO the administration has to do more then send out tweets and emails!

Winning puts butts in seats. Hopefully we will generate a bigger turnout after the NCAA appearance. Need to parlay this.

A lot of empty seats this year!!!!!

That was coming off a 19 win season.

WE avg 2900 in a 24 win season, we avg 2650 in a 7 win season, I don't think it just has to do with winning!!!!

It is shameful if winning 17 more game equates to 250 more fans!!!