UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

Who were the other state players of the year in the different classes? Is there a list of colleges that they are committed to?I

I'm not sure about the rest of the classes. You can probably find it somewhere.

I will say that since Cremo won it last year also, he's the first guy to win Class A POY since Brandon Triche did it a few years ago. You probably remember Triche at Syracuse.

The Class A POY winners for the last 10 years:

Adam Weir - signed with Canisius

Dajuan Coleman - Syracuse

Achraf Yacoubou - Villanova

Will Regan - Buffalo

Brandon Triche (twice)

Tobias Harris - Either Syracuse or Tennesse. Ended up at Tennesse but I thought he signed with Syracuse.

Mookie Jones - Syracuse

Ty Nash - Notre Dame

Kyle McAlarney - Notre Dame

That is not to say that Cremo will end up having the career those guys had but it's not a bad list to be on.

Who were the other state players of the year in the different classes? Is there a list of colleges that they are committed to?I

I'm not sure about the rest of the classes. You can probably find it somewhere.

I will say that since Cremo won it last year also, he's the first guy to win Class A POY since Brandon Triche did it a few years ago. You probably remember Triche at Syracuse.

The Class A POY winners for the last 10 years:

Adam Weir - signed with Canisius

Dajuan Coleman - Syracuse

Achraf Yacoubou - Villanova

Will Regan - Buffalo

Brandon Triche (twice)

Tobias Harris - Either Syracuse or Tennesse. Ended up at Tennesse but I thought he signed with Syracuse.

Mookie Jones - Syracuse

Ty Nash - Notre Dame

Kyle McAlarney - Notre Dame

That is not to say that Cremo will end up having the career those guys had but it's not a bad list to be on.

Impressive list of schools there. Hoping he is as advertised. Thanks!

Not sure if this is legit, but noticed on twitter that:

"6'2 PG Aaron Kinsey out of Syracuse, Ny has officially committed to @UAlbany_MBB"

Link: https://twitter.com/Sharky_Fbc/status/591408631712743426

From some kid's account, but the guy Aaron Kinsey responded to it as well. Kinsey is brother of Jafar Kinsey who we were recruiting previously.

Never heard of this kid, and looked him up and can't find anything online about him. Not sure if it's just a joke or whatever, but figured I would pass it on in case anyone else has info.

Not sure if this is legit, but noticed on twitter that:

"6'2 PG Aaron Kinsey out of Syracuse, Ny has officially committed to @UAlbany_MBB"

Link: https://twitter.com/Sharky_Fbc/status/591408631712743426

From some kid's account, but the guy Aaron Kinsey responded to it as well. Kinsey is brother of Jafar Kinsey who we were recruiting previously.

Never heard of this kid, and looked him up and can't find anything online about him. Not sure if it's just a joke or whatever, but figured I would pass it on in case anyone else has info.

Can't believe there is any truth to this.

I know coach knows what he is doing?? But Chas does not seem to fit typical "good character"/ good academics recruit. Also, his own coach in the Baltimore article says, Chas is not really a good offensive player. Also, fouls problematic. At this point, I am not as high on this guy, as some of you appear to be. Seems to have a number of issues, I hope he works out.

I wonder what kind of recommendation the lady whose cable repair he walked away from would give him?

I'm not sure anyone is 'high' on him...he appears to have some defensive capabilities as well as athletic enough to perhaps contribute. Bottom line is if he doesn't fold himself into the program he won't be here...on the court it appears many of his fouls are a result of extreme aggressiveness, if that can be harnessed he can help the team. We don't need him shooting 20 foot jumpers, he needs to block shots, hit the boards. He's not going to be Sam with back to the basket moves, he's not recruited to do that but provide depth, athleticism, defense and rebounding.

As for walking away from cable install job and saying I need to go back to school...he didn't walk away to push crack on the streets. He spoke of his commitment to his partner and their child...it takes a grown man to say I need to do better by my child and giver her a better life. Until proven otherwise, he's OK in my book.

I never claimed anything; just noticed in what some called a "great" article and "most athletic" post player, that there are some questions? I really fall in with the group that says let him play and reserve judgement. I hope the young man does well and helps UA win. My main question is, as some have said there are several players in front of him and he only needs to be a piece of the puzzle. There are signs, that being only a piece may not fit his personality/attitude. I hope he does fit in and I concur reserving judgement. I just have questions {which in the scheme of things means absolutely nothing except blog fodder.}

Edited by dslyank

I know coach knows what he is doing?? But Chas does not seem to fit typical "good character"/ good academics recruit. Also, his own coach in the Baltimore article says, Chas is not really a good offensive player. Also, fouls problematic. At this point, I am not as high on this guy, as some of you appear to be. Seems to have a number of issues, I hope he works out.

I wonder what kind of recommendation the lady whose cable repair he walked away from would give him?

I'm not sure anyone is 'high' on him...he appears to have some defensive capabilities as well as athletic enough to perhaps contribute. Bottom line is if he doesn't fold himself into the program he won't be here...on the court it appears many of his fouls are a result of extreme aggressiveness, if that can be harnessed he can help the team. We don't need him shooting 20 foot jumpers, he needs to block shots, hit the boards. He's not going to be Sam with back to the basket moves, he's not recruited to do that but provide depth, athleticism, defense and rebounding.

As for walking away from cable install job and saying I need to go back to school...he didn't walk away to push crack on the streets. He spoke of his commitment to his partner and their child...it takes a grown man to say I need to do better by my child and giver her a better life. Until proven otherwise, he's OK in my book.

I never claimed anything; just noticed in what some called a "great" article and "most athletic" post player, that there are some questions? I really fall in with the group that says let him play and reserve judgement. I hope the young man does well and helps UA win. My main question is, as some have said there are several players in front of him and he only needs to be a piece of the puzzle. There are signs, that being only a piece may not fit his personality/attitude. I hope he does fit in and I concur reserving judgement. I just have questions {which in the scheme of things means absolutely nothing except blog fodder.}

Fair enough, I've over the years questions many things. We'll see how it works out.

I for one think he will fit in fine, especially with Evan and Ray to guide him.

I think there were question marks with Jason Siggers, DJ Evans and Gary Johnson when they first signed with UA and how many NCAA appearances have they helped us to.

Not every JC recruit is going to work out but very few have had character issues. Though limited, I haven't read anything about this guy getting into or causing trouble.

I think CB knows what he has and knows what he's looking for. He surely must be concerned with who he brings in and how they will fit in with a solid group.

• Like 1