UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Name the UAlbany vs. Stony Brook Football Game

http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050813aaa.html

Stony Brook, N.Y. - As preparations begin for the 2013 football season, Stony Brook and Albany, the CAA's newest football members, together will offer fans the opportunity to name the teams' annual rivalry game. Fans' suggestions can be submitted by using the hashtag EmpireClash on Twitter and/or by sending a message to Stony Brook Athletics' fan page or Wolfie Seawolf on Facebook.

Stony Brook and Albany will collaborate on a trophy around the winning entry. The winner(s) will be on the field for the trophy presentation at the end of the game.

The game, which is scheduled to take place at Stony Brook on November 23, will be the final regular-season contest for both teams going forward.

The "Sea Monkey Shoot Out".

Similar to the classic Red River Shoot Out but instead of Texas we'll be playing a smaller more arrogant start up with a made up mascot. Half mermaid, half monkey. Merkey!

You have my vote! Monkeys rule. Sea Monkey Shoot Out it is.

The Empire Bowl

The Empire Bowl

I like it!

I do not like that Stony Brook is handling the naming suggestions. "Send a message to Wolfie Seawolf on Facebook." I don't think so.

That Woflie has a face only Fiore could love...that mascot needs a brick to the face (no harm intended to the poor sap marinading in his own sweat in that disgusting suite)...

This UA/SBU thing could be beautiful hate in a few years...hope we build this rivalry up...

Edited by Clickclack

Not to mention it's the last game for both teams every year...so add in possible post season incentive and this rivalry is going to explode. I like it.

Empire Bowl sounds good.

Not sure if it will always be that way...should move it up a little...so the weather is nicer...maybe to open CAA play.

The Empire Bowl

The Empire Bowl

I like it!

I do not like that Stony Brook is handling the naming suggestions. "Send a message to Wolfie Seawolf on Facebook." I don't think so.

That Woflie has a face only Fiore could love...that mascot needs a brick to the face (no harm intended to the poor sap marinading in his own sweat in that disgusting suite)...

This UA/SBU thing could be beautiful hate in a few years...hope we build this rivalry up...

They already disgust me, and I've got plenty of hate for the sea monkeys.

Who cares what they name it... as long as we destroy those clowns year in and year out.

This series has been pretty lopsided in our favor over the years. It was basically an automatic W. I think we have won 15 and lost 5. That trend may reverse field for a few years until we are through our growing pains.

SBU is getting unbelievable FBS transfers coming in every year. Whatever Chuck is doing down there needs to be replicated at UA. We should be getting more of these types of players. Nothing makes a team better than good FBS players coming in. I know there are detractors that state this doesnt work and that just isint true ( See Delaware's Joe Flacco). The ones that transfer down from FBS because they didnt play that well or lack of playing time etc. and do not perform well at the FCS level probably shouldn't have been at that the FBS level in the first place.

The two rb's that SBU now has may be the best tandem in FCS and thats after having one of the best tandems in FCS last year.

Edited by Ruler