UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East tournament format change - 2015

AE announced that the postseason will be on campus sites starting in 2015. No more gathering of fans from all the teams in one spot. Brackets will be reseeded after each round.

http://www.americaeast.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14000&ATCLID=209275526

No mention of a change to the women's tournament.

I'm disgusted by this decision. I suggest you tweet, email or whatever to let them know if you truly disagree. I am all for the #1 getting to the NCAAs but this absolutely ruins the whole fan experience. As you know I don't live in Albany so even if the first round game is at home there is very little chance I will be able to go on a Wednesday and bring 3-7 alumni with me. On a Saturday night, yes. Wednesday night, not so much. And how many fans from the away team going to show up to those first round games? Just horrible horrible and horrible.

GDG was tweeting about this regarding SB whining and the Stony Brook Athletics accidentally tweeted (instead of the guys personal account) at GDG saying UA was irrelevant, they then deleted the tweet haha.

Edited by MsGDG

What was Stony Brook's reason in wanting this?

Some SB fans were complaining about playing on a lower seed's home court (ignoring that they lost to UVM at home the year before).

But supposedly the vote was unanimous.

The tournament was an event, that you could plan for. Going forward, it'll be just another basketball game, until the final.

14 posts and not one in favor of the change. I will make it #15. We always enjoyed going to the tournament especially when men and women were at one site. This is a super bummer for fans and I'm not sure it is good for the conference. An expensive move for the schools---go to Maine for game #1, go to UMBC for game #2 and UVM for game #3---I don't think anyone will go to Stony Brook because they will be out of the conference by 2015.