UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Expectations for 2013-14

Wins  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We may push 20, but I think 15-19 is the reasonable expectation. So much talent, yet so many pieces that will need to mesh quickly.

This team will be an absolute terror to play next year...but I think we need to temper expectations and hope for a good run to 20 or more.

It is obviously too early to tell; but from what I've seen and read and heard, with the depth on this team we should most definitely push 20 wins and with a little luck who knows maybe the 25 record. In past years, you always worried about injuries, especially to a star player. I do not think you can say there is really a star or go to guy on this team this year. That of course can be good or bad! But if you look at the way this team is constructed, if someone goes down [at least on paper] there is a more than capable back-up or two @ every position. Now the staff just needs to find which kids work best together and find a way to give everyone enough playing time to stay sharp and hope this team gels and comes together quickly.

Edited by dslyank

I voted 10-14, but I think 15 or 16 is doable.

The loss of our top three-point shooter and point guard---indeed, our starting veteran backcourt---is significant.

My concern is not the loss of points. We have players who can replace the loss of scoring. My concern is ball handling, running an offense, creating plays off the dribble, and creating opportunities on offense when the pressure is on at the end of games or during an opposing team's run.

I was not at the scrimmage and have not seen our current players, but everyone knows that perimeter defense has been our weakness as has dealing with athletic opposing backcourts. I would expect Siena to pick up our guards at half court and to double team off the high ball screens (remember how effective this was against Black during the first half of last year until Black got awesome at dealing with it and getting out of the double teams off our screens).

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I want to talk UA----NOT $iena; so I logged into this post not the game threads. Last night reinforced my prediction of +20, because of "depth". At the P&G scrimmage a lot of people (not I) thought Odunsi was the best player [or least most athletic] on the court. In the long run, he may very well prove to be so. I thought Ede was the best that day. 00 one minute and Ede none so far, goes to show {I hope} how deep this team is. Last year @ the P&G, I thought Wiegmann was the best on that day, and his minutes played last year show just how little I actually know (even though I am sure, this year he WILL/I hope be a contributor). So:

In Puk and Levon we have a two headed monster @ center.

DJ is a man or boy on a mission and I DO think Odunsi will be a more than a capable backup with Hooley and Haas assisting.

Rowley & Rowley, and Devlin & Wiegmann, and Johnson [who just seems to get it done and makes big plays @ critical times] give us a lot of weapons up front. Count Hooley here also.

I think Ennema and Ede can contribute [finding minutes???] and can help if foul trouble issues arise with the new officiating.

So +20 and the 25 record, let's do it.

Edited by dslyank

I want to talk UA----NOT $iena; so I logged into this post not the game threads. Last night reinforced my prediction of +20, because of "depth". At the P&G scrimmage a lot of people (not I) thought Odunsi was the best player [or least most athletic] on the court. In the long run, he may very well prove to be so. I thought Ede was the best that day. 00 one minute and Ede none so far, goes to show {I hope} how deep this team is. Last year @ the P&G, I thought Wiegmann was the best on that day, and his minutes played last year show just how little I actually know (even though I am sure, this year he WILL/I hope be a contributor). So:

In Puk and Levon we have a two headed monster @ center.

DJ is a man or boy on a mission and I DO think Odunsi will be a more than a capable backup with Hooley and Haas assisting.

Rowley & Rowley, and Devlin & Wiegmann, and Johnson [who just seems to get it done and makes big plays @ critical times] give us a lot of weapons up front. Count Hooley here also.

I think Ennema and Ede can contribute [finding minutes???] and can help if foul trouble issues arise with the new officiating.

I feel very good about my pick of 20+ as well...very solid team with a lot of really good pieces. If they stay focused and work hard we are in for a great year.

Believe me, I really want to see minutes for Dallas Ennema but I was thinking when I watched Wiegmann last last night that he gave us what I was hoping Dallas would. A bigger small forward who can knock down some outside shots. He also pulled down some tough rebounds in traffic.

We played 11 guys last night, granted with only a minute for Odunsi. I'm hoping as Odunsi and Mike Rowley ease into things we'll get better as the season progresses.

Believe me, I really want to see minutes for Dallas Ennema but I was thinking when I watched Wiegmann last last night that he gave us what I was hoping Dallas would. A bigger small forward who can knock down some outside shots. He also pulled down some tough rebounds in traffic.

We played 11 guys last night, granted with only a minute for Odunsi. I'm hoping as Odunsi and Mike Rowley ease into things we'll get better as the season progresses.

I thought his first half 3 really was a big shot in a sense that he came in and gave us something off the bench and settled the team down. He's all heart out there...I honestly didn't expect much out of him but based on his play last night he's got to be in the rotation a bit moving forward.

Not sure where Dallas is going to find minutes this year but there will be a lot of playing time next year. His stroke is nice...and from what I could see in scrimmage he can defend.

Edited by Clickclack