UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ UNH (Thurs, Jan 23rd)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An observation. For what it's worth, which is probably not much. CB is a competitor. He wants to win. He has recruited good players who appear to be good students and good people. I think CB's "in game" coaching is too much. Especially on the offensive sets, the players are not free to play naturally. The players are constantly looking over to coach. Many of the more successful coaches practice hard during the off days but let the guys on the floor do what they have been working on during the game. Time outs are when you provided coaching. Too much coaching during the game leads to hesitation and self doubt.

He has recruited good players who appear to be good students and good people

This can't be minimized. I'm as big of a critic as any of his in game coaching and his coaching style in general. But I wouldn't sacrifice this part of the equation for winning. I do however think that both can be accomplished.

An observation. For what it's worth, which is probably not much. CB is a competitor. He wants to win. He has recruited good players who appear to be good students and good people. I think CB's "in game" coaching is too much. Especially on the offensive sets, the players are not free to play naturally. The players are constantly looking over to coach. Many of the more successful coaches practice hard during the off days but let the guys on the floor do what they have been working on during the game. Time outs are when you provided coaching. Too much coaching during the game leads to hesitation and self doubt.

We've talked about this for years... Same old same old... However I'm not sure I agree with it. This year they are clearly trying to push of makes and misses... Problem is we have few athletes. That's Johnson Ede and maybe Hooley's game...

I AM NOT being critical of those who say this program is nowhere and heading nowhere. The problem is one of perspective and I believe (my opinion only) is you all have the same problem the team has; that the only goal is the ncaa tournament. It simply is not a legit goal at our level [very low mid major or mid minor if you prefer]. The fact of the matter goes back to smallbany and lack of state funding. At our level (and I said this yesterday), our goal should be to win as many games as possible and play post season somewhere. An ncaa trip every once in a while is certainly NICE, but it simply is not a reasonable expectation at the level we are at. You may say go up a level or two; but I say look at the funding and look at the support we get in this area. You may say we did it in football (go up); but I say we got a 20 mill stadium not a 40, 8000 seats not 18000, and really had no choice but to go up in football.

The goal for the team and for the fans {my opinion and not knocking anyone} is to win a lot of games and play post season. When a good group all come together every few seasons, or we get a stud (Jamar type) every once in a while an ncca is super. But making the ncca as the only goal is not realistic at our level and it does not enhance our play and in my opinion really causes them to play worse than they are.

In the end a coach is first and foremost a teacher. A teacher sets a good example and expects and even demands that his/ her students excel. The ultimate rush for any teacher is to see the student progress to the point where they are free to fly on their own. I'm not seeing CB let his students fly.

Not to make this personal but where are the folks who called the attitude expressed over the last 12 hours tiresome and embarrassing after the UML game?

Some people work during the day and can't post on BPF.. :)

Edited by MsGDG

OT. Anyone know what happened to Santillo? No record post since 1/12/14?

Don't know where he is going, but I wouldn't want a job either where you have to go to LCC games .

A tweet from Bob Weiner last night

Bob Weiner @BobWeiner58 17 hrs

Last Siena game for Troy Record's Andy Santillo. Wish him well as he leaves the business.

He'll be working for the Montgomery County Executive. Agree w/ the sentiment that he'll be missed, was on top of things.

Not to make this personal but where are the folks who called the attitude expressed over the last 12 hours tiresome and embarrassing after the UML game?

Don't worry. I work. My own business putting the value of my degree to work for me

Don't worry. I work. My own business putting the value of my degree to work for me

Didn't know I was worried, but good to know.