UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that things seem to be moving in the right direction with the facilities. But to me, the bigger question is how the university attracts it's large student body and substantial alumni base to attend games. I think we have done a very poor job of building that foundation. just my opinion.

Fans want a legitimate college football tailgating experience. The university is doing a better job with a beer tent and the promotions in the racc parking lot, but this caters to a small group. The majority of others (students) want a place to drink beer, grill burgers, and not have to make the trek from Dutch quad lot

Fans want a legitimate college football tailgating experience. The university is doing a better job with a beer tent and the promotions in the racc parking lot, but this caters to a small group. The majority of others (students) want a place to drink beer, grill burgers, and not have to make the trek from Dutch quad lot

It's a process... We are headed the right way.

I left a comment on their site and submitted it as a letter to the editor.

Comparing UAlbany's ambition to Florida State is ridiculous. Even with a full build out the stadium would be one of the smallest FBS stadiums in the country.

What I hate is the selective outrage. Where were the complaints about funding Stony Brook, Buffalo and Binghamton?

Syracuse is asking for 10x what UAlbany is talking about but there has been no editorials about funding a private university up to $200M!!!

I left a comment on their site and submitted it as a letter to the editor.

Comparing UAlbany's ambition to Florida State is ridiculous. Even with a full build out the stadium would be one of the smallest FBS stadiums in the country.

What I hate is the selective outrage. Where were the complaints about funding Stony Brook, Buffalo and Binghamton?

Syracuse is asking for 10x what UAlbany is talking about but there has been no editorials about funding a private university up to $200M!!!

4500 permanent seats, 2000 temps and a lawn to sit on.... and some considered it too extravagant and excessive? For a flagship major university

in the state of NY? Clowns and jokers coming out of the woodwork again.

The Syracuse funding is the first thing that came to mind.

That's one of be worst things I've ever read by the TU. The actually make an argument that a new stadium will bring rape scandals.

Seriously. Wow

A new low... Hope that rag goes bankrupt soon... Where was the outrage when sbu got 20 million to renovate the basketball arena? On top of the money they got to build the football stadium etc. Even when we play catch up we are still demonized.

It's a shame that we find no support in the "hometown" paper.