UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iorizzo on Wyland today said he got the impression that UAlbany officials would rather have the expansion sooner than later.

Well, duh!

See if these links work for pages 1 and 6 of Sunday's paper

http://digital.olive...1&view=document

http://digital.olive...6&view=document

Need a subscription.

This might work though: http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/38M-game-plan-for-gridiron-glory-at-UAlbany-5175422.php#page-1

Edited by danefan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a class with him three years ago in the LC. He is a tool...he'd start every single class with highlighting where men's bb or football was playing that week and then generally be dismissive. I don't remember any exact quotes but he'd be like, and football this weekend I hear is at CCSU, if you love some terrible football, go watch. This kind of commentary happened basically before every class. The fact that he was aware of what the schedule was and still slammed it reeks of a vendetta or something of the sort.

His books aren't even hardcover and he'd charge you $100 for basically a binder. And then he'll sit there and preach that money isn't being spent properly. Figured this tool would be the face of the anti-athletic movement. Why doesn't he highlight how many people were enrolled in the programs that were canceled...maybe it was half of one % of total enrollment of the school. He won't admit to it but the programs that were canceled were not very popular, students voted with their own feet/wallets.

Should've wrote an email to the head the department about that crap going on in his class. Probably wouldn't do anything but....

I had a class with him three years ago in the LC. He is a tool...he'd start every single class with highlighting where men's bb or football was playing that week and then generally be dismissive. I don't remember any exact quotes but he'd be like, and football this weekend I hear is at CCSU, if you love some terrible football, go watch. This kind of commentary happened basically before every class. The fact that he was aware of what the schedule was and still slammed it reeks of a vendetta or something of the sort.

His books aren't even hardcover and he'd charge you $100 for basically a binder. And then he'll sit there and preach that money isn't being spent properly. Figured this tool would be the face of the anti-athletic movement. Why doesn't he highlight how many people were enrolled in the programs that were canceled...maybe it was half of one % of total enrollment of the school. He won't admit to it but the programs that were canceled were not very popular, students voted with their own feet/wallets.

Should've wrote an email to the head the department about that crap going on in his class. Probably wouldn't do anything but....

He always did it mockingly, kind of joking but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise I thought he was a decent enough teacher to be honest. Just not sure why he has such a giant stick up his bum-hole about the whole athletics thing. I believe he's a huge Giants fan (season ticket holder) and baseball so it's not like he's even anti-all-sports.I just never got the hate.

Edited by Clickclack

Iorizzo on Wyland today said he got the impression that UAlbany officials would rather have the expansion sooner than later.

Well, duh!

See if these links work for pages 1 and 6 of Sunday's paper

http://digital.olive...1&view=document

http://digital.olive...6&view=document

Need a subscription.

This might work though: http://www.timesunio...5422.php#page-1

That's the article in the first post, tehehe.

I didn't want to ask on AGS but Dane 96 noted the below.

Is this true? I'm reading this to mean money is in the budget. Am I interpreting this correctly?

-----------------

7. Previous $12 million request in this year's capital budget for planning of an indoor facility (All Sport, including football and track) and expansion of stadium; and

I didn't want to ask on AGS but Dane 96 noted the below.

Is this true? I'm reading this to mean money is in the budget. Am I interpreting this correctly?

-----------------

7. Previous $12 million request in this year's capital budget for planning of an indoor facility (All Sport, including football and track) and expansion of stadium; and

Looks like we got $28.6m new capital appropriation. No detail what it's going to be used for.

How do you configure 24k seats given what is there now.

I think there are about 4k seats on the home side now and 2k on the visitor side.

1. The article mentioned that the elevator can go up a level but you can't really add a third level of seating on the home side so that doesn't help (I can't think of any college stadiums that have three levels)

2. Don't know that you can add more seats to the home side without a major renovation.

3. You can't add seats in the end zone by the scoreboard as the scoreboard is in the way - I guess you can move the scoreboard.

4. The berm already has seating for 2k, you can certainly add more seats bit that doesn't get you near 24k

maybe a 2 level horsheshoe set up?

I know this was discussed a year ago but I can't find those posts anymore (not sure if there was ever an answer).

Edited by reeder

First, there are many college fields with three tiers. Two that immediately come to are Penn State and Florida.

About the expansion itself, I believe it can be either a double horseshoe like BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, or it can be four sides in square.

Also, not sure if you've been to the new stadium but I believe they can put two variances of another tier on the homeside they way it stands now: VIP BOXES/LOUNGE w/ a few rows in front for club seats (the roof extends out and I believe is a support floor for the tower that is expected to rise. Or, they can do both (tower with a new grandstand) by going a couple of feet back onto the grass area with support beams.

I guess we will find out.

First, there are many college fields with three tiers. Two that immediately come to are Penn State and Florida.

About the expansion itself, I believe it can be either a double horseshoe like BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, or it can be four sides in square.

Also, not sure if you've been to the new stadium but I believe they can put two variances of another tier on the homeside they way it stands now: VIP BOXES/LOUNGE w/ a few rows in front for club seats (the roof extends out and I believe is a support floor for the tower that is expected to rise. Or, they can do both (tower with a new grandstand) by going a couple of feet back onto the grass area with support beams.

I guess we will find out.

My understanding is that the top of the current press box is intended to hold another level of luxury suites and club seating. I believe the overhang on the roof now is structural.

Plus I assume the away side will have less amenities (no need for more press or luxury suites if you put more on the home side) and more seating then the home side because of it.