UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany in Bracketology

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get to the dance and get the PIG, I'll be PISSED. That will be such a slap to the face of what these kids accomplished with integrating like 9 new guys, Peter's family, etc.

Those are not seeding considerations.

If we get to the dance and get the PIG, I'll be PISSED. That will be such a slap to the face of what these kids accomplished with integrating like 9 new guys, Peter's family, etc.

Not a consideration, this isn't a popularity contest...

That Niagara loss is killing us..

If we run through the AE tourney, we'll have an RPI somewhere in the 110 range. That coupled with the fact that we would be in it for the third time in a row which always gets some love from the panel means probably a 15 seed.

I don't see a way to get 14 unless there are some massive upsets in other conference tourneys that they can then take those teams and slot under us.

It should.

I'd give a little more credit/benefit to a team that dealt with injuries/absences and still won 20 games vs say a team that won 20 games and had every player all year long. Why wouldn't you? It's a good chance that a team not missing it's best player for a handful of games could have won more games than the other team, thus, being better.

(hypothetical scenario where UA is being looked at against another mid-major with similar record who was healthy/intact more of the year than us)

Edited by Ilko

I can always decide not to look at this thread, but I think we're being a little premature on this discussion. Don't jinx us! Many teams find it difficult to three-peat (winning the conference tournament).

Don't want to Jinx it - I mean the underdog team did win the last few years in a row!

That said, if for some reason UA does get upset in the tournament, we will have missed out on all of the speculation fun that we get to have now!

I can always decide not to look at this thread, but I think we're being a little premature on this discussion. Don't jinx us! Many teams find it difficult to three-peat (winning the conference tournament).

Just follow realtimeRPI's bracket and sportsranking.coms brackets. Both of them pick us to lose in the conference tournament. To them we are underdogs!

Just follow realtimeRPI's bracket and sportsranking.coms brackets. Both of them pick us to lose in the conference tournament. To them we are underdogs!

That's because they don't use any thought process and just take the highest RPI. Ignores that Albany has a higher Power Ranking than SB on reatltimeRPI.

I agree, I am worried about the tournament. Stony Brook is perhaps the most athletic team, and I could see the ironic scenario where they finally punch their ticket when not winning the AE. I could also see UVM beating us on our court like we have done to them twice. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but we have a huge task ahead of us with a team that let's off the gas for stretches in each game. That won't work come tournament time.

I agree, I am worried about the tournament. Stony Brook is perhaps the most athletic team, and I could see the ironic scenario where they finally punch their ticket when not winning the AE. I could also see UVM beating us on our court like we have done to them twice. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but we have a huge task ahead of us with a team that let's off the gas for stretches in each game. That won't work come tournament time.

Thanks, everyone, for responding to my pessimism. I do realize that we will have the home court advantage as we haven't in years. I do realize that this team has guts like few other teams with a strong will to win, and I also know that Coach Brown is a big-game strategist. If I were any other team in the conference, I wouldn't want to go up against such strong odds.

That's because they don't use any thought process and just take the highest RPI. Ignores that Albany has a higher Power Ranking than SB on reatltimeRPI.

The funny thing is that the game that Stony Brook won in Albany now has a ? mark next to it on realtime rpi - meaning that it was a "bad loss."