UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Championship Game vs. SB

There is so much awesome content in this thread... Can we please save it for all eternity? Maybe once we are done with it we can save it in a hall of fame section where only the most rare threads go to live on forever.

It could be moved to the "Danes History" subforum.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is still major news.

Walked into the office today and 4 guys knew all about it (so far) and were asking me. Some were quite jealous of my seats (IMO, you can't get better seats). One guy overheard me telling the other 3 and says over the wall, "Did you were there? That's so awesome."

Edited by Ilko

to all here, great comments and vids....sat in section 150 in direct line with Peter.....as others have said, been to countless games, 88 Mets clincher at Shea, to name a huge one.....what I watched Saturday may NEVER be topped for me at a live event....the whole play seemed to last forever watching Ray dive to the hoop and basically hoist the ball up off the top of the backboard to Warneys great back tip (lol) and seeing Peter slide back to to the top of they key from the wing.....for those that don't believe in "stuff" happening...this will make you think!!! so proud of the kids and the staff....now let's take it to SOONER NATION!!!!

I just spent 45 minutes rewatching some of the videos. Absolutely mesmerizing stuff... This moment will be tough to top, ever! Not just the shot but who shot it under what circumstances.

So awesome to be there... Will go to my grave with me.

I'm still a bit shaky from Saturday. Not sure if it's from the game or from the celebrating we did Saturday night in Albany. :)

I love the last call and it's great to listen to it without the video. "HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!!!"

I just spent 45 minutes rewatching some of the videos. Absolutely mesmerizing stuff... This moment will be tough to top, ever! Not just the shot but who shot it under what circumstances.

I'm still a bit shaky from Saturday. Not sure if it's from the game or from the celebrating we did Saturday night in Albany. :)

I love the last call and it's great to listen to it without the video. "HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!!!"

This will forever go down in UA lore...

This will forever go down in UA lore...

Read my post in the champ game thread on the America East board and you will know my feelings. Nothing like it.

I haven't made it on here since the games, but I was sitting with the band and I honestly don't completely remember what my reaction was when the shot went in. I'm pretty sure it was disbelief. I picked up my trumpet, went to play the first few notes of Purple and Gold, and then put it down and ran onto the court. We spent a good portion of the second half trying to get people on their feet to get louder, I was screaming my head off.

Also, lost in Hooley's shot, how about Mike Rowley with the two CLUTCH free throws? Only points he scores all game and they were HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Given the stakes, the Hooley backstory, and how much we struggled to score during the first 39:55 of the game, that was one of the most amazing finishes we will ever see. As noted above, Mike Rowley is an unsung hero swishing two FTs under tremendous pressure.

Great to see a good student turnout despite spring break. Also, it has to be said that Stony Brook fans were great, their band was outstanding, and their presence added to the electric atmosphere at SEFCU Arena. For those of you hoping for bigger arenas, playing at TU Center, etc., Saturday's game is a reminder that there is nothing better than a packed on campus venue for a college hoop game.

Given the stakes, the Hooley backstory, and how much we struggled to score during the first 39:55 of the game, that was one of the most amazing finishes we will ever see. As noted above, Mike Rowley is an unsung hero swishing two FTs under tremendous pressure.

Great to see a good student turnout despite spring break. Also, it has to be said that Stony Brook fans were great, their band was outstanding, and their presence added to the electric atmosphere at SEFCU Arena. For those of you hoping for bigger arenas, playing at TU Center, etc., Saturday's game is a reminder that there is nothing better than a packed on campus venue for a college hoop game.

That's why so many of us want SEFCU to be redone, make it a bowl...put in an extra 1000 seats and call it a day...I'd much rather stay in SEFCU that is modern then move anywhere.

Yes, I know, money!

Edited by Clickclack

Whatever we do, we need to keep the 'bleachers'...the foot stomp is AWESOME and if we remodel SEFCU and make permanent seating/concrete stands...it'll take that one huge fan advantage away. Anyway, we had a thread about this.

Still crazy about what happened on saturday.