UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Beat Lowell 16-9. Led 15-3 after 3 quarters, Trevor Cross gave up six in goal in the 4th quarter after Blaze came out.

Yale beat #20 Penn in OT 11-10. Yale had beat Lowell 17-7 early in the season, also giving up five goals in the 4th.

Just finished: UA 16-9 over UMAss Lowell. Lead 15-3 after 3 and called off the dogs. UML won 4th 6-1 against mostly 2nd string, including goalie. VERY sloppy passing by 2nd string, plus some unnecessary

behind the back passing, shooting. A win is a win.

Could they lose to any of those teams? Sure they could. I wouldn't go into any of those games (on a neutral field) expecting them to lose though. UNC lost to UMASS who Albany beat. Duke lost to Harvard who Albany beat. Duke and JHU also beat Syracuse who we lost to. Point being these teams are all relatively close. I don't think there is a vast differential in talent like there used to be between Albany and those programs.

Also not a fan of the route of they lost to them and we beat them etc.

The wins we have aren't all that impressive either and neither are SB. It's never the case, but seems like the America East is getting too much love.

Beat Yale on the road then I'll feel a lot differently.

Edited by UA'08

You can say the same thing about Yale as you are saying about Albany. They have one good win against Maryland back in February on their home field. Notre Dame or Denver should be ranked #1 imo. All I'm saying is the disparity between the "power programs" and a team like Albany is not what it used to be.

USILA Coaches' Poll has Albany at #6

1 Yale 8-0 422 10 1
2 Notre Dame 7-1 418 8 2
3 Brown 8-0 401 4 3
4 Denver 8-1 369 4
5 Maryland 7-2 347 6
6 Albany 7-2 323 9
7 Towson 9-1 319 10
8 Stony Brook 8-2 256 12
9 Navy 7-2 223 13
10 Syracuse 5-3 211 7

We do seem to have the love of the pollsters this season. As we beat up the AE, ACC teams beat each other up but they all have very high RPI's and don't move very far up or down. Our 2 losses were early in the season and don't seem to be affecting us. Here is my question. if we win out which would include a win at Yale and another win over SBU (probable in the AE tourney), are we then a top 3 or 4 in the rankings? Last year we went into NCAA tourney with just 2 losses (Cornell and Syracuse) but were seeded 9th which forced us to the road against 8th seeded Cornell.