UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

With eight points tonight, Connor Fields now has 150 career points off 102 goals and 48 assists. In 31 games.

Can be in top 10 for Career Points (#10: 162), Goals (#10: 105) and Assists (#10: 57) by end of Soph year. Miles Career record of 189 goals also ahead. An extremely talented player!

CAREER POINTS

1. Lyle Thompson 2012-15 400 (NCAA DI Record)

2. Miles Thompson 2011-14 293

3. Merrick Thomson 2004-07 244

4. Frank Resetarits 2004-07 241

5. Luke Daquino 2002-05 234

6. Cort Kim 1989-92 218

7. Blake Kim 1989-92 206

8. Ty Thompson 2011-14 195

9. Dave Cerny 1983-86 185

10. Brian Caufield 2008-11 162

VIDEO:

UAlbany Men's Lacrosse Cruises to 17-8 Victory Over Siena

UAlbany LAX Wins Third Straight Crosstown Rivalry

and the article from the $iena "writer"

Wonder what the original question was that got this response. Obviously this Albany team has much bigger goals than just beating $iena that would be worthy of being talked about for a while should they be accomplished :)

It's a nonleague game," Marr said. "It's nice to win. The whole bragging rights, all that kind of stuff, I don't go around all summer telling people I beat Siena. It's a good game. It's a local game. I wish more local people would come out and support (it). It is a rivalry game. You're playing a crosstown team. The kids know each other."

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Fields-too-much-for-Siena-7377661.php

Edited by bob87

Heard announcers talking about this while watching Michigan/Hopkins game. Wish we had some Michigan $$$. Lacrosse only five years old at UM.

http://support.mgoblue.com/victors-for-michigan/explore/

This is isane...wow

Wonder if the Chobani guy (or any of his employees) is a UAlbany lacrosse fan.........

Chobani yogurt mogul gives workers piece of the company

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/2015-16/news/042716_bracketology_round_four_with_an_assist_from_the_selection_committee

Projected home game against Syracuse. That would be awesome and could possibly sellout.

Does the selection committee try to avoid first round rematches?

Also..am I the only one that finds it odd when RPI and SOS are listed as two of the main ratings/rankings in college sports? If RPI in LAX is calculated similarly to college basketball..isn't it effectively overcounting SOS? I believe RPI..at least for college basketball..is (roughly) 25% your record, 50% your opponents' record and 25% your opponents' opponents' record. The quality of who you play seems to be a pretty big part of that already.

According to the article Conference rematches are to be avoided in the first round. Lacrosse is such a small world with 18 playoff teams out of 68 eligible schools that it'd be hard to avoid ANY rematches.
Regionalization to reduce travel is also a factor. In this bracket, after the playin games, Denver-Air Force, North Carolina- Hopkins, Notre Dame- Marquette, and Brown- Bryant OR Quinnipiac are all probable first-round rematches.

]Also..am I the only one that finds it odd when RPI and SOS are listed as two of the main ratings/rankings in college sports? If RPI in LAX is calculated similarly to college basketball..isn't it effectively overcounting SOS? I believe RPI..at least for college basketball..is (roughly) 25% your record, 50% your opponents' record and 25% your opponents' opponents' record. The quality of who you play seems to be a pretty big part of that already.

It's not odd, it's the whole reason RPI is set up the way it is, to give just one more edge to the power conference teams. I wouldn't be surprised if a winless ACC basketball team could have a higher RPI than an undefeated SWAC team.

Edited by UAalum72

According to the article Conference rematches are to be avoided in the first round. Lacrosse is such a small world with 18 playoff teams out of 68 eligible schools that it'd be hard to avoid ANY rematches.
Regionalization to reduce travel is also a factor. In this bracket, after the playin games, Denver-Air Force, North Carolina- Hopkins, Notre Dame- Marquette, and Brown- Bryant OR Quinnipiac are all probable first-round rematches.

]Also..am I the only one that finds it odd when RPI and SOS are listed as two of the main ratings/rankings in college sports? If RPI in LAX is calculated similarly to college basketball..isn't it effectively overcounting SOS? I believe RPI..at least for college basketball..is (roughly) 25% your record, 50% your opponents' record and 25% your opponents' opponents' record. The quality of who you play seems to be a pretty big part of that already.

It's not odd, it's the whole reason RPI is set up the way it is, to give just one more edge to the power conference teams. I wouldn't be surprised if a winless ACC basketball team could have a higher RPI than an undefeated SWAC team.

Also everyone knows teams don't play the same schedules like pro sports where teams play similar schedules and win/loss record (plus tie breakers) is what determines playoff teams.

I am also pretty sure everyone would agree a win over LCC is no where as impressive as a win vs Yale this season ( and probably every season for that example) This is the NCAA way to try to quantify differences in schedules and quality of wins etc. in coming up with the seeds and at large teams. Obviously teams with wins over top 5 and top 10 teams are generally in the discussion for at large spots and teams with losses to LCC type teams are not :)

Anybody watching today? I'm getting some WEIRD audio...

Crowd is LOUD...commentary is barely audible...when the do slo mo they forget to pot down the audio and it sounds like something out of "Poltergeist". Hilarious! UA up 4-2 in the 1st

Edited by jimbo

OK...commentator quote of the year: Over the shoulder pass from a cutting Fields to a cutting Dane who immediately flipped it his shoulder into the goal. "My GOD, that's probably not even fair!".

LOL!

• Like 1