UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WE may consider ourselves national powers, but until we get home games against Syracuse or the Maryland/Virginia/North Carolina teams we can't be considered their equals.

Yale had home games against Maryland and us this year.The MD game had temps in the 30s in February and got 3100+ attendance. We had 1584 on a 70-degree day in April. That's a measure of how much regard fans of other teams have for us.

Our attendance is now 21st of 69 teams. The top 12 are Syracuse, Ohio St. Maryland Army Hopkins Notre Dame Denver Loyola Yale NC Virginia and Navy. Home many home games have we gotten against all of them put together? Other than Duke (17th) and the declining Ivies who else would you consider lacrosse elite?
Sadly nine of the thirteen teams in the last sentence are FBS, football schools. With the Big 10 getting into lax I think the trend will continue toward those leagues and away from the smaller Eastern colleges.
  • Like 1

I think it's a shame that no video of UA-Albany seems to be available unless you want to pay Yale. Apparently a $25 Billion endowment isn't enough. Anybody been able to find some highlights even?

Via Mark Dixon (ESPN Lacrosse, Inside Lacrosse, Big Ten Networks):

What Happened: Albany 14, Yale 13 OT

Takeaway: At this time of year we often talk about Denver and how it seems to ‘go away’ in terms of national chatter. I think another team that fits this bill is Albany. Granted, people are talking less about the Great Danes in 2016 since no one named Thompson is on the roster anymore, which is understandable. Albany also plays in the America East, not a sexy conference and one that was considered to be just a two-horse race between them and Stony Brook for the AQ with little to no chance of an at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament. Think that way no longer. With the victory over Yale, the Great Danes have now won seven straight following a 10-7 setback to Maryland on March 16. This team can flat-out play. To win on the road against a team that has played like a real contender all season is impressive. With the result Albany enters the top five of the national rankings — its first entry into that position since 2007 and something it never accomplished while the Thompsons wore the Purple and Gold. Should the Great Danes falter in the America East Tournament, they may have a solid enough resume to gain an at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 3

Showers should be ending this afternoon, so it should be OK for tonight's game with temps in the 40s. Game is also on Time-Warner locally.

From TU+

The University at Albany men's lacrosse team climbed to No. 5 in the national polls on Monday, marking the first time the Great Danes have cracked the top five since the 2007 season.
Siena head coach John Svec was a UAlbany assistant nine years ago, when the Great Danes reached the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals before losing in overtime to Cornell.
In some ways, Svec is more impressed by the team he's about to face in their annual rivalry game at 7 p.m. Tuesday at UAlbany's Casey Stadium.
"If you watch (UAlbany) and watch how they move, they share the ball more than they have shared it in years past," Svec said. "They're probably deeper — I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this — but I told my wife they might be deeper than the '07 team that I was a part of ... They're really deep and they're really talented."
The Great Danes (9-2) have national championship aspirations that only grew with their thrilling overtime victory at fourth-ranked Yale on Saturday.
"We have full confidence in ourselves," sophomore attack Connor Fields said. "We believe that we're one of the best teams, if not the best team out there. We had a couple of losses early in the year, but Saturday's game really proved that we can play with the top teams. We can't let our guard down, but we have to come to play every game."
The Saints (3-8) will try to pull off what would be a massive upset against a team that demolished them 23-7 in Loudonville last season. UAlbany built an 18-1 lead in that match.
"That was a really tough game for our seniors last year," Siena senior goalkeeper Tommy Cordts said. "We kind of want to get back at them for it and try to give them a taste of their own medicine."
UAlbany head coach Scott Marr, who is Svec's former boss, said his team won't take Siena for granted. The Great Danes have won 11 of the 13 matchups between the programs since UAlbany went Division I in the 1999-2000 season.
"All year, we've done a really good job of coming off wins and refocusing on what we have to do in our next game," Marr said. "It's cliche, but we really are one game at a time. All around the country, there have been upsets all year. We know Siena's got ability, haven't had a great year, but they certainly are capable of beating anybody on any given day."
Siena is coming off a season-high 16 goals in a 16-11 victory at Manhattan on Saturday. The Saints are trying to qualify for the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament and face a crucial home match in the regular-season finale with Monmouth on Saturday. But first comes the battle for Capital Region bragging rights.
"Realistically, you could call in sick (Tuesday) and it wouldn't affect us, other than the score and our pride," Svec said. "But we play the game to honor the game and this is a great game. There's been a couple of lopsided victories, but kids on both sides play this game hard and I would doubt they (UAlbany) are looking at it any different."

UA beats crosstown rival tonight 17-8.

Should we start using air-quotes around "rival"?

This year's championship teams were brought onto the field at halftime - men & women indoor track, women's soccer, field hockey, women's basketball, tennis, did I miss anybody? Quite an impressive parade.

• Like 1

UA beats crosstown rival tonight 17-8.

Should we start using air-quotes around "rival"?

This year's championship teams were brought onto the field at halftime - men & women indoor track, women's soccer, field hockey, women's basketball, tennis, did I miss anybody? Quite an impressive parade.

Indeed, showing LCC in more than 1 way how it is done :)

BTW, Mark S the sienna beat "reporter" was there last night. Hopefully the championship teams there last night get a mention/