UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A few thoughts.

1. Vad Lee was the starting QB at Georgia Tech. You don't see many starters from FBS transfer to FCS programs. He's a really good athlete and hard to stop in space.

2. Our defensive line will have a hard time. That was the weak spot last year, the defensive scheme changed but the personnel is basically the same.

3. We had a chance to beat them last year. There were a lot of missed tackles - primarily Rayshan Clark. I also think this was the game where Andre Martin lined up at Fullback on the goal line and tried to jump over the defensive line and was stopped on fourth down - still don't understand that play call. This was also the game where Cole King had an offensive pass interference call that negated a touchdown.

4. I think the team is going to be very good (especially the offense) by the end of the season.

Edited by reeder
  • Like 1

IMO, I want us to be JMU in a few years. They have a beautiful school campus (Albany's is getting quite nice now with the collins circle area, new campus center, stadium, business building) and a great FB program. I've been to Harrisonburg many many times and their campus is very very nice. If there is a school we should try to emulate, JMU is it.

JMU is the UA of Virginia. The schools are very similar in a lot of ways...similar size, academic profile, both started as state teacher's colleges...and of course same school colors and both have a dog for a mascot. Their athletic program is a few decades ahead of us but we're growing at a pretty fast pace. I've been to their campus before too and it's really nice.

IMO, I want us to be JMU in a few years. They have a beautiful school campus (Albany's is getting quite nice now with the collins circle area, new campus center, stadium, business building) and a great FB program. I've been to Harrisonburg many many times and their campus is very very nice. If there is a school we should try to emulate, JMU is it.

JMU is the UA of Virginia. The schools are very similar in a lot of ways...similar size, academic profile, both started as state teacher's colleges...and of course same school colors and both have a dog for a mascot. Their athletic program is a few decades ahead of us but we're growing at a pretty fast pace. I've been to their campus before too and it's really nice.

One of their posters was complaining we were copying them (colors, dog, black unis.) I didn't feel like logging on to tell them that the NY State Normal College had purple and gold before Harrisonburg's State Normal and Industrial School for Women was founded, and we became the Great Danes at least seven years before their dog appeared.