UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Duke's run defense today was outstanding. Beautiful day for a game and the crowd looked good….and was pretty loud at the end. Crooks was throwing some wobblers and seemed to be

having #14 Fiacchi flashbacks in the first half….run or throw run or throw run or throw….aw, just get tackled. Hanks must think he's still in HS because he tried a couple of reverse fields on

on play and had a big loss. Second half D was up a few notches with more QB pressures. Exciting game!

Absence of running game is troubling.

Don't understand not kicking a 40-yd FG up 3 with < 3 min. left

Or two straight passes when you could have run the clock down even more. Not short passes but shots down the field.

I guess it kept it interesting right up until the end.

What is "paid attendance"? If they aren't counting students doesn't that diminish the true attendance?

"ALBANY Brad Harris had seven receptions for 122 yards and a touchdown and the University at Albany football team prevailed 17-14 over Duquesne in a nonleague game before a paid attendance of 6,227 at Bob Ford Field this afternoon."

What is "paid attendance"? If they aren't counting students doesn't that diminish the true attendance?

"ALBANY Brad Harris had seven receptions for 122 yards and a touchdown and the University at Albany football team prevailed 17-14 over Duquesne in a nonleague game before a paid attendance of 6,227 at Bob Ford Field this afternoon."

Probably includes season-ticket-holding no-shows.

Do they scan ID or otherwise get a true count of student attendance?

paper said "anounced" crowd...no way there were 6K plus at that game...I was disappointed in the crowd as it was a beautiful day for a game....Im still not seeing unuf from Crooks throwing the ball....had some good throws but missed some bad ones too....seemed like our guys are getting dinged up alot and a couple guys actually had cramps.....good to get the W, but still need alot of improvement in all areas...

Just finished watching the game on TWC (man, I love DVR lol). My thoughts:

1) Yeah, not sure what happened to the run game even with them packing the box. We ran the ball better against a powerhouse in JMU. Our run game, if anything, should have made an example of the NEC. IMO. The excuse against JMU was size. Packing the box is not a valid excuse against an NEC team. If that's the case try to setup a run on the outside (didn't happen much if at all).

2) Brad Harris. That is all. Love the kid. Between him (SO), Gontarek (SO) and Roberson (FR), we are in VERY good hands WR wise. Seems like to me that Gontarek and maybe Harris are down the field receivers while Roberson is more of a possession receiver (across the middle slants, etc.). Nice mix to have. Roberson is going to be the best one of the bunch IMO due to his athletic ability but also his size. He doesn't seem necessarily as fast as Gontarek, but I think he'll have better numbers due to likely getting more catches on slants, etc. and getting YAC.

3) Crook is an enigma. Some drives it's like, "Yep, that's why he was at Penn State" and other drives its like, "Fiacchi, is that you!?"

4) Crowd looked fine to me for a non-conference game given what else is going on sports wise in the world.

5) At the end of the game the fans really got into it and the TWC camera was actually SHAKING from the foot stomping (very cool). I remarked during the game against URI that it seemed like the stadium was re-inforced as the foot stomping didn't have the familiar hollow sound to it...but maybe I was wrong. Good work (those of you who attended)!

Edited by Ilko
  • Like 1