UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Maine, noon Friday

Does anyone know if there are rules about not flying for conference games or something? I know from Albany to Baltimore is probably less than 7 hours, but the team takes a flight down right?

Probably has to do with Soutwest being a direct flight to BWI and cheap. There is no rule that I'm aware off other then financial consideration.

Does anyone know if there are rules about not flying for conference games or something? I know from Albany to Baltimore is probably less than 7 hours, but the team takes a flight down right?

Probably has to do with Soutwest being a direct flight to BWI and cheap. There is no rule that I'm aware off other then financial consideration.

Thanks

The reality is this...we aren't a deep team. Two front court players aren't playing and the rotation there is 3 guys. There is no backup for Sanders as Dallas has been playing the four because they need help there. Outside of Cremo there is no help in the backcourt either.

If Charles comes back, great...we need an active good body there and if one of either Nichols or Andrews can spell the backcourt that would be good. If not...they will have more loses like this. You can't play with a 7 man rotation for weeks on end.

UA has had quite an eventful six-day stretch. We beat UVM convincingly on the road in a hostile environment for a very emotional win. We managed to squeak by UNH in another very emotional overtime win, and then, after a long 7-hour road trip, we lose by a small two point margin to a very improved Maine team who got back one of their best players. How much more can we expect from UA?

"Very improved"? Improved, sure...but more like getting a small bit of help from refs. I'm not one to regularly complain about refs and usually give them the benefit of the doubt but some of those calls were bad (and before our homeboy MaineJeff chimes in - even the announcers said some of them were bad so relax Jeffrey)...just as bad as some of the CRIMES committed during the UNH game. No surprise though...old whitey was reffing. I CAN NOT STAND THAT GUY. I think Tim Donahue is his BFF...dude HAS to be fixing games.

How often do 2 players foul out of a game in college ball...on the same team (Stire and Sanders)?

Regardless of the reffing, we didn't execute as well as we could have. We missed some gimmes and didn't defend the 3 well cause they drained a bunch. But without those bad calls...this game would have been 79-75 UA or something like that...not 79-81 Maine.

We shot 29ft's they shot 14...how about you don't give up 57% shooting? Crap defense and deserved to get their ass kicked.

Edited by Clickclack

UA has had quite an eventful six-day stretch. We beat UVM convincingly on the road in a hostile environment for a very emotional win. We managed to squeak by UNH in another very emotional overtime win, and then, after a long 7-hour road trip, we lose by a small two point margin to a very improved Maine team who got back one of their best players. How much more can we expect from UA?

"Very improved"? Improved, sure...but more like getting a small bit of help from refs. I'm not one to regularly complain about refs and usually give them the benefit of the doubt but some of those calls were bad (and before our homeboy MaineJeff chimes in - even the announcers said some of them were bad so relax Jeffrey)...just as bad as some of the CRIMES committed during the UNH game. No surprise though...old whitey was reffing. I CAN NOT STAND THAT GUY. I think Tim Donahue is his BFF...dude HAS to be fixing games.

How often do 2 players foul out of a game in college ball...on the same team (Stire and Sanders)?

Regardless of the reffing, we didn't execute as well as we could have. We missed some gimmes and didn't defend the 3 well cause they drained a bunch. But without those bad calls...this game would have been 79-75 UA or something like that...not 79-81 Maine.

We shot 29ft's they shot 14...how about you don't give up 57% shooting? Crap defense and deserved to get their ass kicked.

We always out shoot teams at the FT line...we're #3 in the country. That isn't a good barometer of bad officiating.

But yes, our defense sucked and had just as much to do with the loss as anything.

I've spent the last few minutes asking my friend google about this and neither of us can find anything. I could swear I read an article about this a few years ago though. Something about a change to the distance required to be eligible for using airfare and Albany complaining about it because of Maine and UMBC.

Maybe it was just a UA rule and not an AE or NCAA rule, but for the life of me I can't find it. There was some controversy about it fairly recently though.

I've spent the last few minutes asking my friend google about this and neither of us can find anything. I could swear I read an article about this a few years ago though. Something about a change to the distance required to be eligible for using airfare and Albany complaining about it because of Maine and UMBC.

Maybe it was just a UA rule and not an AE or NCAA rule, but for the life of me I can't find it. There was some controversy about it fairly recently though.

That spoke directly to overnight stay. As in, UA was only allowed overnight stay to Maine and UMBC, everything else they HAD to by rule travel on game day. Also absolutely asinine....that rule got scrapped.