UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: AE Quarterfinals vs. Hartford 3/2 7pm

We need to ban from the board whoever jinxed us and said that Albany would see Stony in the finals. jk.. sorta...

Very unfortunate that the team came out the way that they did. Even just an eye test shows that we're leaps ahead of Hartford, but we didn't have it tonight - for whatever reason. When they're hitting shots from 30 feet out on heaves, nothing you can do. Sometime it just isn't your night. Unfortunate though that the seniors had to go out like this, especially after last year's heroics.

Our free throw shooting was not great at key times we could have stole momentum.

And Brown should most definitely accept a tournament - exposure for the school and more practice for the underclassmen that will be here next year. All this withstanding, they had a great season.

Don't worry, you won't see me around for a while. This was rough. I'll eat that crow. I have no words. I'll go back to the NBA for the next few months...probably won't even follow the rest of the NCAAs.

Just busting your chops... it happens... this is why college bball is March Madness.. you just never know..

See you guys next season.

just wow...do they get a CBI or CIT spot or does Brown pack it in and not even accept anything?

I wouldn't accept anything. I know it was only one game, and that its probably just my emotions right now but these guys don't deserve any postseason tournaments. We played worse today than we did against Boston, Maine, etc. This was by faaaaaar our worst effort of the year.

No words. I'm stunned.

C'mon man. Everyone is disappointed, but dismissing the whole season based on one game is wrong imo. Hell yes they should accept a bid to one of the other tournaments. That is if they get an offer after such a poor showing tonight.

I want to know why the sixth man of the year not the first one off the bench tonight.

Maybe Brown saw that he was overhyped for the game and wanted him to settle down on the bench for a bit. When he came in he traveled twice and tried to force a fast break layup against two defenders. He finally settles down. Maybe he should've put him in earlier to let him get the butterflies out. I'm not going to question that.

Edited by DanesRGood

just wow...do they get a CBI or CIT spot or does Brown pack it in and not even accept anything?

I wouldn't accept anything. I know it was only one game, and that its probably just my emotions right now but these guys don't deserve any postseason tournaments. We played worse today than we did against Boston, Maine, etc. This was by faaaaaar our worst effort of the year.

No words. I'm stunned.

C'mon man. Everyone is disappointed, but dismissing the whole season based on one game is wrong imo. Hell yes they should accept a bid to one of the other tournaments. That is if they get an offer after such a poor showing tonight.

They will get an invite. One loss isn't going to change that. Announcers said they had been hearing their name for the NIT. Now that is a tourney they could miss out on because of this loss. I don't think it will effect an invite to the others.

I want to know why the sixth man of the year not the first one off the bench tonight.

Maybe Brown say that he was overhyped for the game and wanted him to settle down on the bench for a bit. When he came in he traveled twice and tried to force a fast break layup against two defenders. He finally settles down. Maybe he should've put him in earlier to let him get the butterflies out. I'm not going to question that.

I don't believe he came in until the under 11 mark in the first half when they really needed to stop the bleeding. Also think a TO was needed in certain points in the first half before the game got out of hand.

Maybe Brown say that he was overhyped for the game and wanted him to settle down on the bench for a bit. When he came in he traveled twice and tried to force a fast break layup against two defenders. He finally settles down. Maybe he should've put him in earlier to let him get the butterflies out. I'm not going to question that.

I don't believe he came in until the under 11 mark in the first half when they really needed to stop the bleeding. Also think a TO was needed in certain points in the first half before the game got out of hand.

I won't question Brown's in-game coaching. He has been great at it and if he made mistakes, so be it. What I will question once again is why this team came out flat and not focused for a home playoff game against a $iena team. I said it like 5 times already but it looked like they felt they could just show up and win. That's on Brown.

Also, tried to listen to the post-game interview on Fox Sports 980 but Brown blew it off. Wyland said he wasn't sure he would and then he didn't.

I'm still trying to figure out what they were doing defensively when they were down 5 with a little over a minute to go. They were running two guys at the ball handler, but with no urgency letting the Hartford players dribble right through or around them. End result being the wide open 3 dagger. Some of the worst defense I have ever seen and I'm not exaggerating on that.

Also, tried to listen to the post-game interview on Fox Sports 980 but Brown blew it off. Wyland said he wasn't sure he would and then he didn't.

Wow. I've grown to like coach a lot, but not a good look to blow off the postgame interview like that.

I didn't want to post anything because of emotion of losing (I guess we now know what it feels like to be a SBU fan).

Yes the reffing was terrible and definitely stole some of the momentum in the second half, like a key missed travel and a ton of non foul calls, but there is no blaming the refs on this loss.

In my mind it came down to a failure to try and penetrate the zone in the first half and settling for poor shots. There was a stretch of 5 or 6 extremely bad possessions in the first half. You beat the zone with penetration and dishes or inside out finding then open man. UA didn't do that leading to only scoring 21 points. Combine that with a hot outside shooting Hartford and you end up down 17. Real hard to come back from that.

Nichols hitting the 3 at the end of the game was excellent though. I am excited to see him play next year. Kid has ups.

I do hope they accept a post season invitation only to watch them play some more and as someone else said: give experience to underclassmen.

Great season. Extremely disappointing loss to a terrible team that played their hearts out.

Edited by godanesgo99

On the 2535 number, remember a good portion of that was the completely empty Hartford section. It doesn't appear that they even gave away any of their allotment. Seems they didn't think it was worth the 2 hour drive as much as our fans didn't want to brave the weather. I mean it was a disgustingly nasty night to go out and drive. I personally hate driving through these clear non-snowy roads and relatively warm winter nights.

On the 2535 number, remember a good portion of that was the completely empty Hartford section. It doesn't appear that they even gave away any of their allotment. Seems they didn't think it was worth the 2 hour drive as much as our fans didn't want to brave the weather. I mean it was a disgustingly nasty night to go out and drive. I personally hate driving through these clear non-snowy roads and relatively warm winter nights.

What does Hartford's ticket allotment have to do with the $iena attendance.