UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: AE Quarterfinals vs. Hartford 3/2 7pm

NIT invite is doubtful with a loss like this.

Hate to see Hooley go on such a low note, but Hartford wanted it more.

I got a little moist in the eyes seeing him walk off the floor in such a disappointing game (and Ray and Evan for that matter). Would have much preferred the moisture come with a 4th title...

I was shocked at the number of traveling calls and the missed free throws when it counted. Hey, it's been a great 4 year run...sorry to see it end, but every other fan of every other team in the AE

would trade their last 4 years for UA's. Time to reload. Still have the entire front line coming back, rookie of the year coming back, some new talent coming in. Looking forward to next year.

I'm looking at the box score on the UA game news trying to figure out how in the heck we lost this game....then realized it was from the previous game! Wishful thinking guys.

Edited by jimbo

for me, before the game, I was annoyed that the draw turned out the way it did....never want to play the same team twice in 5 days..especially when you won easily...Hartford had zero pressure on them and played that way....I didn't like the look of our guys eyes when shown on the court....sad way for this run to end...We deserved to lose this time

Some quotes from Brown's post game presser.

It stings. Its frustrating. Just a lousy way for it to end. - Will Brown

Talking about his sideline demeanor (calm): "I thought we were really tight. I didn't want to make them tighter. - Will Brown #AEPlayoffs

"I think this might have knocked us out of conversation [for the NIT]." - Will Brown #AEPlayoffs

"But we will be playing again," Brown continues. "We'll be in another tournament, for sure. We will be."

Make sure it's on the road. These Albany "fans" definitely don't deserve another home game.

I can't even imagine playing in any of those other garbage tournaments coming off 3 ncaas
The Vegas one would be nice!

For your increased aggravation, in today's TU John Gallagher said he got advice about the zone Hartford used last night from former Siena coach Fran McCaffery.

Yawn. Nice try by Gallagher trying to troll Brown and Albany fans. The advice he needed was how to save his job.
  • Like 1

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

For your increased aggravation, in today's TU John Gallagher said he got advice about the zone Hartford used last night from former Siena coach Fran McCaffery.

Yawn. Nice try by Gallagher trying to troll Brown and Albany fans. The advice he needed was how to save his job.

His record is like 2-10 I believe or somewhere in that range against Brown. Should have called earlier...loser!

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

State contracts are max 5 years...I believe he has 4 remaining. He's more than secure...There was talk of re-upping him last summer and most likely it got done just not announced.

The Athletic Department really needs to focus on not only getting attendance up, but also on just changing the atmosphere. I was louder in my living room than the fans there last night. I do believe that while it ultimate is up to the players to win the game, a rauckus environment certainly helps. There were times we had it to single digits and I saw the crowd maybe once stand and applause? Really disappointing.

The Athletic Department really needs to focus on not only getting attendance up, but also on just changing the atmosphere. I was louder in my living room than the fans there last night. I do believe that while it ultimate is up to the players to win the game, a rauckus environment certainly helps. There were times we had it to single digits and I saw the crowd maybe once stand and applause? Really disappointing.

I strongly disagree with your assessment, in section 200 we repeatedly stood, cheered, screamed etc. Certainly the bodies weren't there to show on TV but our entire side was very raucous in the second half when the team gave us something to cheer for. So again...not sure how it looked on TV but your assessment is way off.

• Like 1