UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: AE Quarterfinals vs. Hartford 3/2 7pm

Ya'll need to simmer down.

The Danes sucked so bad yesterday that no amount of fans was going to help. Most of us were sitting there completely stunned and had NOTHING to cheer for. Of the 40 minutes of play, only about 5 were cheer worthy.

It's over. Move along.

Has nothing to do with it being a win or a loss or the people that were there, 2500 is a joke

If you don't think walking into a gym of 2500 people after playing in front of 4,000 plus a couple of days earlier affects kids I don't know what to tell you. Same people that want to comment on recruiting or arena improvements don't show up to a tournament game? Or don't think it's an issue when other people don't show up?

It shouldn't change players mentalities or how they play, supposed to be stronger than that, but it definitely does. We all get up for bigger events, just human nature.

Once again, this program stresses the important of the postseason compared to the regular season, and when the postseason came around the fan base was nowhere to be found.

Affects recruiting also...hey kid, come play for Albany...even if you win 3 straight championships only 2500 people will show up for your most important game of the season. Maybe the fan base just got spoiled, either way we let those kids down.

The Danes sucked so bad yesterday that no amount of fans was going to help. Most of us were sitting there completely stunned and had NOTHING to cheer for. Of the 40 minutes of play, only about 5 were cheer worthy.

It's over. Move along.

Has nothing to do with it being a win or a loss or the people that were there, 2500 is a joke

If you don't think walking into a gym of 2500 people after playing in front of 4,000 plus a couple of days earlier affects kids I don't know what to tell you. Same people that want to comment on recruiting or arena improvements don't show up to a tournament game? Or don't think it's an issue when other people don't show up?

It shouldn't change players mentalities or how they play, supposed to be stronger than that, but it definitely does. We all get up for bigger events, just human nature.

Once again, this program stresses the important of the postseason compared to the regular season, and when the postseason came around the fan base was nowhere to be found.

Affects recruiting also...hey kid, come play for Albany...even if you win 3 straight championships only 2500 people will show up for your most important game of the season. Maybe the fan base just got spoiled, either way we let those kids down.

Were you there? Same question goes to UA'08

It's over. Move along.

Your cheese has slid off your cracker, sir. If anyone was let down, it was the fans that DID show up. Quit crying about the ones that didn't show up.

You wanna talk about someone who didn't show up? Our basketball team didn't show up. And we lost. A very very tough loss on many levels.

If you think it's because their psyche was destroyed because they walked out to a half empty arena...all I can say is...actually, I have nothing to say. Stop making excuses for the $iena performance our team put on last night. Had virtually nothing to do with the fans. We were plenty loud. I know because I'm one of the people who consistently leads the arena in chants (and a few members on this board can vouch for that, believe you me). I do it every game. I bring it every game. If anyone knows what a loud SEFCU arena is, it's me. And we were loud last night. This loss is on the players. Stupid things like Ray going under 3-4 screens (that I remember) instead of over allowing that guy to hit 2-3 three pointers...that kind of crap will kill you (and it did). When a team is KNOWN to be an insane 3pt chucking team, you don't do that. You go under the screen when the defender is known to drive/attack the ball to cut him off. You go over it when the guy is going to shoot it because it's the quickest way to get a hand in his face.

Does it suck that many people chose to stay home? Sure. Was it a combination of ticket price, pretty cold weather (I wouldn't want to walk to the tennis courts last night - lucky I have VIP parking), a weeknight, etc. that played a role? Who knows, maybe. But did that have a remote influence on the game and our kids? I hiiiggghhllly doubt that. You can keep beating your drum, but I whole heartedly disagree with you. Our kids were not prepared and got smacked in the mouth from the get go and didn't recover until it was too late. Time ran out on them that game, on their season, and on their bid to be a 4yr dynasty. Take your purple colored glasses off. We sucked. Had nothing to do with the fans.

Edited by Eli

It's over. Move along.

No I was not there as I live on LI. I don't know what you are trying to get at, but I am not criticizing the fans who actually went. It's the ones that can show up on a Wednesday night against SB, but disappear at the most important game of the year. Go ask coach what he thought about the attendance Monday.

It's over. Move along.

Your cheese has slid off your cracker, sir. If anyone was let down, it was the fans that DID show up. Quit crying about the ones that didn't show up.

You wanna talk about someone who didn't show up? Our basketball team didn't show up. And we lost. A very very tough loss on many levels.

If you think it's because they're psyche was destroyed because they walked out to a half empty arena...all I can say is...actually, I have nothing to say. Stop making excuses for the $iena performance our team put on last night. Had virtually nothing to do with the fans. We were plenty loud. I know because I'm one of the people who consistently leads the arena in chants (and a few members on this board can vouch for that, believe you me). I do it every game. I bring it every game. If anyone knows what a loud SEFCU arena is, it's me. And we were loud last night. This loss is on the players. Stupid things like Ray going under 3-4 screens (that I remember) instead of over allowing that guy to hit 2-3 three pointers...that kind of crap will kill you (and it did). When a team is KNOWN to be an insane 3pt chucking team, you don't do that. You go under the screen when the defender is known to drive/attack the ball to cut him off. You go over it when the guy is going to shoot it because it's the quickest way to get a hand in his face.

Does it suck that many people chose to stay home? Sure. Was it a combination of ticket price, pretty cold weather (I wouldn't want to walk to the tennis courts last night - lucky I have VIP parking), a weeknight, etc. that played a role? Who knows, maybe. But did that have a remote influence on the game and our kids? I hiiiggghhllly doubt that. You can keep beating your drum, but I whole heartedly disagree with you. Our kids were not prepared and got smacked in the mouth from the get go and didn't recover until it was too late. Time ran out on them that game, on their season, and on their bid to be a 4yr dynasty. Take your purple colored glasses off. We sucked. Had nothing to do with the fans.

Nah, I root for multiple teams so if this program never becomes something I'm fine with what it is.

I wasn't at the game either, I live 3 hours away and it usually costs me between 200-300 every time I come up. Which is why I offered to buy tickets for someone local who could go, something no one chose to jump on.

Put it this way, SB did 3600 and one of their players agreed there should of been more there. Don't get sensitive when I get on our fans, same way we expect the players not to get sensitive when we get on how $ienaty they played.

It's over. Move along.

If you think it's because they're psyche was destroyed because they walked out to a half empty arena...all I can say is...actually, I have nothing to say. Stop making excuses for the $iena performance our team put on last night. Had virtually nothing to do with the fans. We were plenty loud. I know because I'm one of the people who consistently leads the arena in chants (and a few members on this board can vouch for that, believe you me). I do it every game. I bring it every game. If anyone knows what a loud SEFCU arena is, it's me. And we were loud last night. This loss is on the players. Stupid things like Ray going under 3-4 screens (that I remember) instead of over allowing that guy to hit 2-3 three pointers...that kind of crap will kill you (and it did). When a team is KNOWN to be an insane 3pt chucking team, you don't do that. You go under the screen when the defender is known to drive/attack the ball to cut him off. You go over it when the guy is going to shoot it because it's the quickest way to get a hand in his face.

Nah, I root for multiple teams so if this program never becomes something I'm fine with what it is.

I wasn't at the game either, I live 3 hours away and it usually costs me between 200-300 every time I come up. Which is why I offered to buy tickets for someone local who could go, something no one chose to jump on.

Put it this way, SB did 3600 and one of their players agreed there should of been more there. Don't get sensitive when I get on our fans, same way we expect the players not to get sensitive when we get on how $ienaty they played.

You offered to buy two tickets on a board of diehards?

It's over. Move along.

No I was not there as I live on LI. I don't know what you are trying to get at, but I am not criticizing the fans who actually went. It's the ones that can show up on a Wednesday night against SB, but disappear at the most important game of the year. Go ask coach what he thought about the attendance Monday.

So the two guys who are killing people for not coming to the game were also not there...for the "most imporant game of the year"...got it!

• Like 1

It's over. Move along.

You offered to buy two tickets on a board of diehards?

Nah I offered it up on twitter, the word got out.

Nope I was not, I suppose that's part of the issue being that a majority of alumni don't stay local. There's still no excuse for a high school attendance figure. Not going to argue back and forth over it anymore. We both want the same thing. I love the fact there are fans that go every game and get a little nuts.

It's over. Move along.

So the two guys who are killing people for not coming to the game were also not there...for the "most imporant game of the year"...got it!

So says the guy who has killed players, coaches, and other board members over the years, but when it comes to criticizing the lack of attendance... that's a no no. (Edit: I am no saint either as it comes to the criticism of players and coaches in the past, but at least I keep it consistent.)

Making a donation in the amount of the tolls, gas, food, and time off from work, to go to the game does more for the program than me making the trip up.

Edited by UA'08

I'm a broken record, I know. THESE GAMES SHOULD BE ON THE WEEKEND SO OUT OF TOWN FANS, LIKE ME AND ZLK AND UA08, CAN SHOW UP!!!! That's the last time I will bring it up, at least until next year. :)

I really think the attendance was due to local fans and students taking this game for granted, like I feel the team did as well. "They've destroyed Hartford twice. Let's save our time and money and gear up for the big matchup against UVM on Monday." I know that is not a good excuse not to show up but I think that many thought that way. I'm a bit in this boat. I could only make it up to Albany for one game so I decided on coming up on Monday instead of Wednesday. I had been making plans with work and a friend to join me on Monday. I think that had a lot to do with it.

As a reference, attendance for the other games:

UNH: 1,866
SBU: 3,657
UA: 2,535
UVM: 2,165
That is not very good at all at any of the sites except for maybe SBU. BRING BACK THE TOURNEY! :lol:

Still won't because those figures add up to a number one site couldn't produce. I'd be interested to see the revenue versus operating cost of having each arena up and running though. Wonder how much more in the green the conference actually is by doing various sites compared to one.

Over 10,000 fans for Quarters is more then they would draw in Tourney format, that's why they do it this way - $$$$$$$

I still say bring back the tourney format

I know, I know. Still attendance basically sucked. UVM has some seriously rabid fans and they couldn't get more than 2,165. After SBU wins it this year it will cement this format even further since that was one of the main reasons for going this route. Get the #1 to the tourney.

If you don't think that atmosphere has an impact on recruiting or a team's success, you really need to reevaluate your ability to be objective. No one is chastising those fans that went (kudos), but it's more about the macro picture of the program.

If you're an Aussie recruit (example), watching on ESPN3 from abroad and you see two games - one with a more than half empty stadium, and the other is a raucous environment, which would you prefer? Wouldn't we all prefer to play in front of a packed arena with raging students?

These athletes are kids/young men. They certainly feed off of energy - grown professional athletes do as well. That's why teams historically play better at home than on the road (certainly other factors as well).

If we go to 3 straight NCAAs, have a very legit chance at a 4th, and draw 2500 fans for a playoff do or die game, what does that say about the Athletic Department's marketing? At Albany, no one has come up with a way to consistently get fans in the seats, including students.

Riddle me this - how are you going to demand/command money for a new SEFCU when you can't even sell out the one you have for a playoff game? People say win, win, win, and the fans will come. We've done that. Where are the fans?

Edited by justdrastik1