UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: AE Quarterfinals vs. Hartford 3/2 7pm

And as I've said on Twitter I'm not into telling people how to spend their hard earned money, but 2500 is a complete joke. I even offered to buy two chair back seats for anyone who wanted and no one jumped on it. I'll laugh every time I see comment on upgrading facilities or conference in here until the fans decide whether they want to show up and cheer for a team that MORE THAN EARNED it over the past couple of seasons.

Now I've said my piece, just embarrassing.

Well, for what it's worth, you're referencing one section.

And that's the way that it will appear to the public watching, potential recruits etc. It just didn't look like people were into the game. And I don't think there should be much argument over the lack of attendance last night. 3 straight NCAAs - can't ask for much more. We've put a good product on the court but we haven't seen the translation into athletics popularity on campus.

Again, I have no problem with the crowd that WAS there. I was only defending the quiet comment. The place was 10x louder last night than it was with 4,000 in attendance on Sat. I remember sitting there on Sat talking with the people that sit around me wondering what was happening. I felt like I could feel a pindrop. It was eerie. Last night was good for the people that were there.

Beyond that, I am entirely in agreement with the embarrassment over the 2,535 number. I mentioned I brought a friend to his first game at SEFCU and I kept saying to him how strange it was that so few were there and how loud it has been lately. He was impressed with the atmosphere, but again it shouldn't have been like that. I tried to make a joke about the weather in an earlier post, but for the life of me I can not come up with any excuse for the pathetic turn out. Is the couple dollars more per seat that much of an impediment? I'm at a loss, and it isn't even my job to sell tickets. I can only imagine what is going through the ticket sales and promotions offices minds.

You are off your rocker....yes, he should take another job to spite the fans that don't come. They averaged 3200 a game... Why don't you look up in a radius of 200 miles how many programs averages that who aren't Syracuse, Siena or Boston.

Get a hold of yourself Nancy...

I'll continue to stay true and remain off my rocker :) First off, I was not attacking the fans that were actually at the game, so let's make that clear because i think there is some confusion on that. Never did I say he was going to take another job to spite the fans who didn't show, but a school's fanbase and facilities is always brought up whenever a new coach takes a job at a school.

Why would i care about what Colgate, Quinnipiac, and Central Connecticut State average. Albany needs to stop comparing themselves to others and just build their own identity. Maybe we should just put "Big Purple Growl" in front of every home game and people will show? It's a good thing Tim Wilkin is a hack because a real beat reporter would have asked coach what he thought of the attendance.

No matter how you would like to spin it there is no excuse. So you still want to build out 6k?

Interesting side note...It's either a quarterfinal exit or a championship come March.

Wasn't there a year we were a 7 seed and beat UVM in the quarters, then lost to Jay Greene's UMBC team in the semis?

Yes I know, I was there.

I should have put "pretty much" a quarterfinal loss or win the whole damn thing. My fault. You want to knit pick anything else?

Interesting side note...It's either a quarterfinal exit or a championship come March.

Wasn't there a year we were a 7 seed and beat UVM in the quarters, then lost to Jay Greene's UMBC team in the semis?

Yes I know, I was there.

I should have put "pretty much" a quarterfinal loss or win the whole damn thing. My fault. You want to knit pick anything else?

Sure. Also advanced to semis in 2012. Lost to Stony Brook in a tip-in at the buzzer. :)

Yes I know, I was there.

Sure. Also advanced to semis in 2012. Lost to Stony Brook in a tip-in at the buzzer. :)

Yes I know, unfortunately watched Dallas Joyner tip it in.

If there were 4k+ on Saturday, it's extremely disappointing that attendance dipped by roughly 35-40% several days later for an actual "playoff" game.

I'm from NYC, but lived in ATL for a couple of years (around 5 years ago). Albany reminds me of Atlanta in many ways, in terms of sports following/teams etc. Very few are from Albany - most are from upstate NY or downstate, and Albany serves as a central hub - the reason why the capital was relocated to Albany. As such, people migrate there but have allegiances to prior teams.

It may have been loud in person (that's relative too...), but on TV, it appeared dead. While we can debate noise decibels, I can judge solely based on the way fans appeared on TV. Very rarely were people standing and cheering (at least the section being showed on TV). Even the student sections didn't seem that lively.

Attendance has been slowly increasing, but again, that isn't saying much, given how low it has historically been. Stop accepting mediocrity. If you ever want to make a leap to another level (albeit CAA, A10, whatever), you need to expect more of the program - that includes the fans/athletic marketing.

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

Why in the hell would coach sign an extension after the disgusting lack of fan support for the most important game of the year???

If I am him I am taking every single call I get and if it's the right move take it. If the support was not here after back to back to back championships, it never will be. Big deal we led the big bad America East in attendance, Give me a break this team deserved better.

The man fought and got a home game next year against Siena, but didn't realize 60% of the place is going to be in green.

You are off your rocker....yes, he should take another job to spite the fans that don't come. They averaged 3200 a game... Why don't you look up in a radius of 200 miles how many programs averages that who aren't Syracuse, Siena or Boston.

Nah he's pretty on point

What's a logical reason you can give me that why 3500-4000 didn't show up last night?

2500 is a joke.

Yeah... Coach should take another job, relocate and all that because fans don't come.

If there were 4k+ on Saturday, it's extremely disappointing that attendance dipped by roughly 35-40% several days later for an actual "playoff" game.

I'm from NYC, but lived in ATL for a couple of years (around 5 years ago). Albany reminds me of Atlanta in many ways, in terms of sports following/teams etc. Very few are from Albany - most are from upstate NY or downstate, and Albany serves as a central hub - the reason why the capital was relocated to Albany. As such, people migrate there but have allegiances to prior teams.

It may have been loud in person (that's relative too...), but on TV, it appeared dead. While we can debate noise decibels, I can judge solely based on the way fans appeared on TV. Very rarely were people standing and cheering (at least the section being showed on TV). Even the student sections didn't seem that lively.

Attendance has been slowly increasing, but again, that isn't saying much, given how low it has historically been. Stop accepting mediocrity. If you ever want to make a leap to another level (albeit CAA, A10, whatever), you need to expect more of the program - that includes the fans/athletic marketing.

Seems like you need to take out a page in the tu instead of lecturing the do die-hards here...

I'll continue to stay true and remain off my rocker :) First off, I was not attacking the fans that were actually at the game, so let's make that clear because i think there is some confusion on that. Never did I say he was going to take another job to spite the fans who didn't show, but a school's fanbase and facilities is always brought up whenever a new coach takes a job at a school.

Why would i care about what Colgate, Quinnipiac, and Central Connecticut State average. Albany needs to stop comparing themselves to others and just build their own identity. Maybe we should just put "Big Purple Growl" in front of every home game and people will show? It's a good thing Tim Wilkin is a hack because a real beat reporter would have asked coach what he thought of the attendance.

No matter how you would like to spin it there is no excuse. So you still want to build out 6k?

I do... Because only a fool looks at one game and throws his hands up. Look at the 10 year trend... Ua led the league in attendance this year. Keep winning and it will keep going up.

Seems like you're taking it personal since you're a diehard fan. Sometimes when you're a fanatic, it's hard to be objective.

So what if we led the league in attendance? In terms of CBB, that's like saying you have the nicest house in the ghetto. And you say, keep winning, and the fan base will co to us to grow, but that's unrealistic, especially with a league with as much parity as ours.

So if next year we have a .500 season, our attendance should drop significantly? Few teams can continue to succeed perpetually. Our women's team has a first round pick in the making. Our lax team had arguably the greatest combo and greatest individual player in the history of lax. Our athletic performance has made LEAPS, but the fan base has not. Simple as that.

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

Why in the hell would coach sign an extension after the disgusting lack of fan support for the most important game of the year???

If I am him I am taking every single call I get and if it's the right move take it. If the support was not here after back to back to back championships, it never will be. Big deal we led the big bad America East in attendance, Give me a break this team deserved better.

The man fought and got a home game next year against Siena, but didn't realize 60% of the place is going to be in green.

Nah he's pretty on point

What's a logical reason you can give me that why 3500-4000 didn't show up last night?

2500 is a joke.

Yeah... Coach should take another job, relocate and all that because fans don't come.

No one is saying he's going to take a job somewhere else just because of that. Now does fan support a factor in a coach's decision in taking a job? Absolutely.

I do... Because only a fool looks at one game and throws his hands up. Look at the 10 year trend... Ua led the league in attendance this year. Keep winning and it will keep going up.

Yesterday was not just 'one game'. It was a do or die playoff game for one of the greatest players to put on an Albany jersey. Once again why does it matter what the rest of the league avgerages?

Whatever high horse you are riding on right now it's probably best to come down for a second and stop criticizing posters here.

Ya'll need to simmer down.

The Danes sucked so bad yesterday that no amount of fans was going to help. Most of us were sitting there completely stunned and had NOTHING to cheer for. Of the 40 minutes of play, only about 5 were cheer worthy.

It's over. Move along.