UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Attendance 1152. Faceoffs won 25 of 29.

Scoring eight goals in 5:09 (and four goals in fifty-nine seconds) was just stunning to watch.

04:58 GOAL by ALBANYM FIELDS,Connor.

Game Score: 1 7

04:58 Faceoff LINDSAY, Jay vs IERLAN,TD won by ALBANYM, [04:58] Ground ball pickup by ALBANYM IERLAN,TD.

04:34 GOAL by ALBANYM MCCLANCY,Kyle.

Game Score: 1 8

04:34 Faceoff DOWD, Tristan vs IERLAN,TD won by ALBANYM, [04:34] Ground ball pickup by ALBANYM IERLAN,TD.

04:10 GOAL by ALBANYM REH,Justin, Assist by FIELDS,Connor.

Game Score: 1 9

04:10 Faceoff DOWD, Tristan vs IERLAN,TD won by ALBANYM, [04:10] Ground ball pickup by ALBANYM LASDA,Eli.

03:59 GOAL by ALBANYM LASDA,Eli.

Game Score: 1 10

Apparently Drake Bennett hurt his shoulder? Anything said about it on the broadcast?
Edited by UAalum72

From my vantage point it looked like his left shoulder had popped out and the trainers popped it back in, but I was fifty yards away from where they were working on him. He was in quite a bit of pain, but later he had a big ice pack taped on, and seemed in pretty good spirits FWIW.

I can't say again how much Kluck has improved over the season. He and and the poles had great games last night.

What can you say about Irelan? What a night.

SB was doubling and even tripling Fields last night. There might have been a few too many jammed passes into the middle.

Patterson had a sleeve of sorts on his lower leg and looked a little timid.

It was also a great sign that the middies were aggressive in getting to the cage.

We were able to catch most of the first game and all I can say is the Danes can't lose to Binghamton. I am sure they have some great fans but they did not represent themselves well last night and I expect a rowdy game on Saturday.

Danes at 6 in the RPI. And closer to Syracuse at 2 than they are to Denver at 8. Only losses are against the top 2 RPI teams.

UMass knocked off Hofstra yesterday..making them our best win RPI-wise now. 9 top 35 RPI wins.

Almost feels like we have a better shot at hosting an NCAA game if we win out than we do at getting an at-large if we were to need it. Not sure if that's the case..but it's beginning to feel that way.

Assuming the Danes win tomorrow..I would seriously hope we end up with a better spot than JHU. Great strength of schedule, yes..but they're 8-6..lost in their conference tournament semis..and have lost 6 of their last 10.

I'm following the games from out of town and I signed my iPad into Espn right in the middle of the 8-0 run. My comment to the wife was that it was like watching a pinball machine. Almost surreal as if SB just gave up or were so bewildered by the attack they couldn't react. And to not lose possession and not lose a face off in that stretch is complete domination.

I'm following the games from out of town and I signed my iPad into Espn right in the middle of the 8-0 run. My comment to the wife was that it was like watching a pinball machine. Almost surreal as if SB just gave up or were so bewildered by the attack they couldn't react. And to not lose possession and not lose a face off in that stretch is complete domination.

Denver takes an at large bid off the table since they didn't win AQ. I think UA needs to win the America east tournament to get in.

While I DO agree with you on this; why should we have to fear Denver in a bubble contest? We are 6-8 or higher in all polls/rpi, except ncaa selection committee. We have the best player in the country (I don't think anyone is even within 20 points of Connor); our only loses are by a point each to #1 & 2 teams; we have demolished everyone else (except yale); and check out Denver's schedule (it really is not all that impressive.)

But unfortunately you are probably right, because the ncaa is fogey organization who favors traditionalism and who plays favorites. And by the way, Denver is NOT a traditional lacrosse power, but it and it's coach are/were the ncaa's favorite for expanding lacrosse westward.