UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Would love the answers to a few questions if TD gave an exit interview:

1) when did you 1st feel a transfer was needed,  before season, during season, or after NCAA's??

2) if team won the national title,  would you still want to transfer?

3) if you can't get released to Cornell and stay at UA, will you be welcomed with open arms by teammates and coaches?

• Like 2

Two thoughts cross my mind:  (1) I sit in the vicinity of a number of lacrosse fathers and have heard, during the season, that the back-up FOGO, "Jonesy" is much better than people realize and should have gotten more opportunities this past year, and (2) I am sick of the losing team post game player press conferences - first I had to watch Cremo cry, then I watched Trpcic declare that the team would revenge the Hartford loss and the preparation would begin immediately and finally, I watch TD talk about the program not being satisfied and shooting to advance further in his last two years.  Seriously, what's the point of forcing kids to sit there when they've just suffered difficult losses and exercise meaningless bravado?

4 hours ago, uofalbany said:

We made a commitment to the kid  and to some extent, we have planned around him being in the program for two more years. There is no problem with him serving a penalty for breaking his commitment. He’s not going to pick Any America East school and most likely he wants to go to Cornell or Syracuse.  Therefore, his penalty...  conditional release forbidding transfer to either school.

I’m still new to the sport, but has the FO position always been specialized? 

Have summer FO camps and academies always been around? 

I am dumbfounded!!!  They should NEVER give him an unconditional release.  Make him sit if he wants to go to ANYONE on our schedule.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I am dumbfounded!!!  They should NEVER give him an unconditional release.  Make him sit if he wants to go to ANYONE on our schedule.  

I mean why would you want someone on your team if he doesn’t want to be there?

Let him go where he wants under a few conditions...

If it’s Cornell, they have to come to Casey next year instead of us going there. This way the boos reign down on him every faceoff. If it’s Cuse same thing they finally come here for a visit. The other is if Teat is really considering transferring to here, then it’ll be a swap. That seems fair to me 

23 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I’m still new to the sport, but has the FO position always been specialized? 

Have summer FO camps and academies always been around? 

It is a recently new phenomenon, but even before this current wave there were several dominant FOGO’s.

I was reading on the lax forum that we had a face off stud committed from Long Island champ Islip who at the last minute switched his commitment to Navy.   Anybody know who that kid was?    Good example how it affects a program when a star player failis to live up to his commitment.  

40 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I mean why would you want someone on your team if he doesn’t want to be there?

Let him go where he wants under a few conditions...

If it’s Cornell, they have to come to Casey next year instead of us going there. This way the boos reign down on him every faceoff. If it’s Cuse same thing they finally come here for a visit. The other is if Teat is really considering transferring to here, then it’ll be a swap. That seems fair to me 

Not to me.  I do NOT support guys, kids, adults who have no loyalty.   We have lots of Attack guys.  

28 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

I was reading on the lax forum that we had a face off stud committed from Long Island champ Islip who at the last minute switched his commitment to Navy.   Anybody know who that kid was?    Good example how it affects a program when a star player failis to live up to his commitment.  

Now that you mention it I do recall us having a FOGO who switched to Navy. You are right about guys looking at the roster and that will influence their decision. I am sure there was many a FOGO who crossed Albany off their list knowing they would be sitting for 2-3 years.

LAX doesn't have the same rules as basketball or football? The rules allow you to transfer without sitting out a year?

Had anyone heard that TD is transferring officially or is it all still rumors? If he doesn't want to be here, don't let the door hit him on the ass on the way out, but if he decided to stay, I would love to still root for him every game.

• Like 1