UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I do not have any inside information; but I find it hard to believe that TD would leave because some kids are having fun. TD came to UA for a reason and Coach Marr and his philosophy were certainly a part of that reason. TD may be as intense as everyone says; but I do not think he goes 70-80% without having fun doing so. When all is said and done it is still just a game and a college game that will not get anyone rich (unlike some other sports.) If he is not having any fun PLAYING this sport/game @ UA, I do not think he will find it any where else. If all he cares about is winning a national championship and has NO fun in doing so, I kind of feel sorry for him. That being said:  I still doubt that he is leaving and if he does leave, IMHO it would be for some reason other than  UA, its coach and players are "TOO LOOSE." Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

It was a joke. 

I am just so upset at the possibility, since we have come so far and TD will  make a HUGE impact over his last 2 years that I am miserable!

2 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Yale won it all with winning 60% of faceoffs. As long as we have someone good, I think we can still win. Does it help, yes and A LOT. IT IS HUGE, I'm not disagreeing with that. But to change the whole program's culture and philosophy for it, I don't agree. Maybe they don't get a Fields or a Nanticoke with a change in philosophy.  All everyone talks about is the culture and philosophy of the program and how that has brought the level of players we have to the program and made it successful. I just don't agree with changing that for one player.

Also, I just went through the stats for faceoffs for albany since 09.  Before TD, we cracked the top 50 in faceoff win percentage twice. With where the program is now, I think Marr and staff and lure a top 10-20 guy who won't be TD and it will HURT but you can win.     

More stats:

Maryland won in 2017 with the 34th ranked face off win percentage (50%)

UNC won in 2016 with the 13th ranked face off win percentage (56%)

Denver won in 2015 with a 66% win percentage

Duke won in 2014 with a 57% win percentage

As much as I agree that it is extremely important and TD could be the best EVER, I don't think changing the whole culture and philosophy of the program and risking losing out on other recruits or current players to keep one player is the right decision.

BUT they also had BIG fast, strong wings and D players!

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

That's my point. I think everyone looks too much at the high overall win % 

The greatest ever still goes 50%. Not sure what he went during his national championship run, but come the later rounds of the tournament it's leveled off.

Yale/Duke championship game was 50/50.

That's true - BUT 50% is far better against those teams than winning 20% - 30% - 40% or less

I have no inside info on this at all, but I won't be surprised if Ryder Garnsey goes somewhere. He tried to leave Notre Dame last year. He and Corrigan are like oil and water, and I understand from some Notre Dame friends that he is taking classes this summer to graduate early. This is pure speculation, but he is the only All American type who jumps out at me as someone who isn't in a great situation.

Rumor mill points TO Cornell as the source of the potential incoming Albany recruit. Jeff Teat.   

TD is rumored to be going anywhere from Cornell to UVA. 

Clearly, I hope TD stays.  Forget lax...he should only move if he strongly wants to play with his brother and he thinks a Cornell degree is a must have.  Otherwise, as focused as he is...save the cash and go to grad school.  

• Like 1

That is the exact conversation we had with our kids. There are certainly undergrad degrees with more cache than others, but in general undergrad degrees have become undervalued over time and more times than not it is about your professional or grad degree. There are too many kids coming out of college $200k plus in debt from average private schools. For the life of me I don't know how Desko gets so many kids to red shirt at Syracuse. 

The SUNY system has become very good and has to be one of the great values in public education right behind UVA if you happen to be a Virginia resident. 

22 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Rumor mill points TO Cornell as the source of the potential incoming Albany recruit. Jeff Teat.   

TD is rumored to be going anywhere from Cornell to UVA. 

Clearly, I hope TD stays.  Forget lax...he should only move if he strongly wants to play with his brother and he thinks a Cornell degree is a must have.  Otherwise, as focused as he is...save the cash and go to grad school.  

As much as we could understand TD getting an Ivy degree ( and little bro there) , why would Teat leave that for a UA degree?  Not get along with Milliman? Thinks Marr's style would let him have a shot at Lyles single season points total?  Academics,  course work to rigorous at Cornell, GPA suffering?  All possibilities I guess.

Getting into wild speculation mode, but if that was the case the Merrick Thomson connection who coached Jeff at the Hill Academy. We looked at Hill for a PG year and while they have come a long way it is pretty amazing the number of kids who get into Ivy's from Hill.

US Lacrosse has UA coming in at pre season #11

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/men/way-early-2019-rankings-no-15-no-11-division-i-men

That is of course with TD and seems about where I thought the Danes would be.