UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches have the right to make their release conditional after the time and money spent on the athlete. It can be in conference or on schedule or whatever and I think Marr should hold his ground and use it.  Conditional release.  Go get'em kid. 

I've hashed and rehashed my thoughts on this.

I totally support Coach Marr and the athletic department if they stick to the conditional release, but I say just move on and spend all of your energy on the guys who want to be UA student athletes, the recruiting trail, and in road mapping life after a great senior class and the number one or two FOGO in college lacrosse. There are still way more positives than negatives. I think life after the Thompson's proved that the program is more than any one or two players and the bus can keep on rolling.

The main reason I would grant TD an unconditional release is clearly this isn't about wins and losses. The Danes have been a top 3-5 program since TD stepped on campus and a top 10ish program during the years before he came to Albany.  If you read the reporting from College Crosse, the guy who was out front of this story paints a picture that can't be repaired, and IMO there really isn't any chance of a reconciliation. 

Is the program perfect, no, but one would be hard pressed to find three finer men to be coached by on a pretty big stage. 

I do think TD's dissatisfaction should be used internally by the staff to think about some things. Some are out of their control such as the resources other AE teams are putting into their programs, the broader institutional support for the program in terms of equipment, facilities, and what not.

Ironically, the two teams with the most dominant FOGO's didn't play in the championship game, and DU only won one national championship with Baptiste in his freshmen year, when it was more about the Wes Berg's of the world.

It isn't the end of the world for Albany, and I think the team comes back in a big way next year.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

There's no chance I'd grand him an unconditional release...ZERO...NONE! Coaching should think and analyze why they were not able to meet his needs and what if anything they can do better but I'm not letting him walk off this team and unto a team on next years schedule or the year after that. 

He can leave but in the big-boy world decisions have consequences...consider this a life lesson. See ya!

He's a champ.  Put it this way...he KNEW...KNEW he was playing on a torn ACL for two years.  Still put a max effort now.

I'm not going to comment on TD right now...but let's just say, he should look at Connor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I've hashed and rehashed my thoughts on this.

I totally support Coach Marr and the athletic department if they stick to the conditional release, but I say just move on and spend all of your energy on the guys who want to be UA student athletes, the recruiting trail, and in road mapping life after a great senior class and the number one or two FOGO in college lacrosse. There are still way more positives than negatives. I think life after the Thompson's proved that the program is more than any one or two players and the bus can keep on rolling.

The main reason I would grant TD an unconditional release is clearly this isn't about wins and losses. The Danes have been a top 3-5 program since TD stepped on campus and a top 10ish program during the years before he came to Albany.  If you read the reporting from College Crosse, the guy who was out front of this story paints a picture that can't be repaired, and IMO there really isn't any chance of a reconciliation. 

Is the program perfect, no, but one would be hard pressed to find three finer men to be coached by on a pretty big stage. 

I do think TD's dissatisfaction should be used internally by the staff to think about some things. Some are out of their control such as the resources other AE teams are putting into their programs, the broader institutional support for the program in terms of equipment, facilities, and what not.

Ironically, the two teams with the most dominant FOGO's didn't play in the championship game, and DU only won one national championship with Baptiste in his freshmen year, when it was more about the Wes Berg's of the world.

It isn't the end of the world for Albany, and I think the team comes back in a big way next year.

Hard to disagree with any of this.  I have been with UA since the early 1970's when I played.  I bleed purple.  It is just tougher for some of us to overcome the disloyalty, which is how I look at it.  I would stick with the limited release though.

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:
More

Ty Xanders Retweeted Matt Kinnear

Confirmed that TD Ierlan has received his full release from @UAlbanyMLAX. As of today, he will not be restricted to communicate and transfer to any programs that are on the Danes' 2019 schedule.

Ty Xanders added,

THAT is total BS.  We better be getting a big fish on a transfer!  STILL need to possess the ball though to score and win.  Benson had a hand in this I am sure.  I do not like it at all.

Edited by HOF2013

27 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

THAT is total BS.  We better be getting a big fish on a transfer!  STILL need to possess the ball though to score and win.  Benson had a hand in this I am sure.  I do not like it at all.

Demerit for Marr letting him leave to a program that's on the schedule next two years if he ends up at Cornell or 'Cuse...bad move! I for one do NOT wish TD well...scab!