UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

25 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

? Good for the program ?

If he is going to $iena all over Albany, 

I hope some people start standing up and give an explanation why this happened.

We'll never get the honest truth. If I know Coach Marr, and I do a little bit I am sure he is taking this very personally. I have coached quite a few kids, and TD was recruited at the height of the early recruiting nonsense. The high school class of 2016 were committing as freshmen and early sophomore's. I don't recall where TD was with things, but for the longest time I do recall he wasn't on the radar. While bad, the early recruiting helped the Albany's of the world. In today's environment I am not sure if Albany even gets a sniff of a TD Irelan.

I think the truth lies closer to what NYSteve threw out there in a previous post.

I understand Coach Marr's position of a conditional release. TD has received money from the program and with that comes stipulations, but at this point I say move on down the road, hope to see you on the field and feel the pain (as in UA whipping your new team) of of the Purple Rain, next man up!

As far as education goes, two years at just about any school isn't going to materially change one's post college prospects, but I know I am in the minority opinion when I talk to some of my academic snob friends.

Like I said before, this isn’t the age of finish what you start. No commitment no loyalty no appreciation. I say stick to the guns. No Saracuse no Cornell..

Early signing Or not. Albany invested into this kid.

Edited by uofalbany

1 minute ago, uofalbany said:

Like I said before, this isn’t the age of finish what you start. No commitment no loyalty. I say stick to the guns. No Saracuse no Cornell..

Early signing Or not. Albany invested into this kid.

I agree with you. I was in the military for a long time so I am with you 1000% on the commitment aspect of things. I have ZERO problem if Coach Marr sticks to his guns and it is a conditional release, but I just don't think in the big picture it does our program any good.  Let him go where he wants to go and let's kick their ass next spring is my mentality.

5 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Doesn’t he have to sit out a year or lose a year of eligibility?

Not if we grant an unconditional release. If he is just dead set on Cornell he can go, sit out a year and if I understand the rule right still have one year left of eligibility.

We made a commitment to the kid  and to some extent, we have planned around him being in the program for two more years. There is no problem with him serving a penalty for breaking his commitment. He’s not going to pick Any America East school and most likely he wants to go to Cornell or Syracuse.  Therefore, his penalty...  conditional release forbidding transfer to either school.

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I am not the source, lol

The same source believes Ierlan is seeking a more structured and disciplined program than the one at Albany, which is generally considered to be more relaxed than others.

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

I am not the source, lol

The same source believes Ierlan is seeking a more structured and disciplined program than the one at Albany, which is generally considered to be more relaxed than others.

I've talked about this in the past, and I do think it is a bit of a problem, but the perception is far different than the reality. As far as structure in terms of working out and following specific plans the program does fall short. The players are not given a "book" of this is what you do to get ready during the summer. This happens at most other programs, and as a result some of our guys come in out of shape, and some players are given passes. I can see that rubbing some guys the wrong way. That being said, that happens at EVERY program and I think TD is being naive if he thinks it will be a lot different at Cornell or Syracuse. 

I wish I could say some things, but I can't, but will say even at some perceived top programs there is so much crap going on that isn't reported it would make your head spin, and some of these are programs that most of us would think are super structured.

So I say good luck to TD wherever you go. Remember all roads lead back to beer league lacrosse and we'll see you next spring. Time to move on and start training the next group of FOGO's, improving the defense, and offensive efficiency. 

Let's focus on the guys who want to be part of the program, and make them better, and recruit hard. My one gripe is let's scrap the head shot nonsense. It was funny, but time to grow up if you want to run with the big dogs.