UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Greg Gattuso Teleconference Highlights (Lowlights?) 11/5

We played a hard fought game, we competed, we had a chance to win the game. We've lost 3 games in the final 30 seconds. 

The kids have battled through. We have to recover and play New Hampshire. 

I talked to my team about how stubborn I am to change. We lost the game because of penalties at bad times, not converted in the red zone. 

Shot themselves in the foot. Haven't been healthy since the first game. The effort has been outstanding and he knows the team is believing in what they're doing.

Played better in the back end defensively and their style of football. Ran the ball effectively. More physical. Eliminated a lot of big plays defensively. 

Started a freshman QB, who played extremely well. Interception wasn't his fault. Kept making plays. Made some mistakes in the 2nd half. 2 RBs  played well. 

They were more of themselves in this game than any other. Committing to the run game, Ran the ball well. 

Talked about Military Appreciation Day. 

Have to play well against UNH, have to play their best game to have a chance to get a win.

Took one of the top teams in the CAA to the wire. Worst thing is to go into a  game favored. Competitive top to bottom. Lost a lot of close games, frustrating, know they're on the right track to win those games. 

(Did not blame the officials any never gave any credit to the other team at all for coming back and winning the game, though. Interesting.) 

1 hour ago, MDBH said:

We played a hard fought game, we competed, we had a chance to win the game. We've lost 3 games in the final 30 seconds. 

I talked to my team about how stubborn I am to change. We lost the game because of penalties at bad times, not converted in the red zone. 

Shot themselves in the foot. Haven't been healthy since the first game. The effort has been outstanding and he knows the team is believing in what they're doing.

Played better in the back end defensively and their style of football. Ran the ball effectively. More physical. Eliminated a lot of big plays defensively. 

Started a freshman QB, who played extremely well. Interception wasn't his fault. Kept making plays. Made some mistakes in the 2nd half. 2 RBs  played well. 

They were more of themselves in this game than any other. Committing to the run game, Ran the ball well. 

Have to play well against UNH, have to play their best game to have a chance to get a win.

Took one of the top teams in the CAA to the wire. Worst thing is to go into a  game favored. Competitive top to bottom. Lost a lot of close games, frustrating, know they're on the right track to win those games. 

(Did not blame the officials any never gave any credit to the other team at all for coming back and winning the game, though. Interesting.) 

Interesting.

2 hours ago, MDBH said:

He's on the right track... Any decade now. Clown... 

Yep, the worst thing to do in the CAA is to go into a game favored, apparently. The solution is to just lose all conference games then you'll never be favored!

Yes the CAA is a tough league top to bottom and you're going to get everyone's best shot but that's just the way it is here and why it is the best conference in the nation on the FCS level. 

OT: Looks like Jets coach Todd Bowles went to the Greg Gattuso school of coaching. Got out yardaged by the Bills in the first quarter 186-1 ?. That's a very Dane'esque/Gattuso'esque offensive performance. 

It sucks to be me. Both of my football teams are absolute garbage and it's 90% due to coaching. 

Edited by Eli

36 minutes ago, Eli said:

OT: Looks like Jets coach Todd Bowles went to the Greg Gattuso school of coaching. Got out yardaged by the Bills in the first quarter 186-1 ?. That's a very Dane'esque/Gattuso'esque offensive performance. 

It sucks to be me. Both of my football teams are absolute garbage and it's 90% due to coaching. 

I was thinking about you as I watched a bit of the Jets game. Of course as a Giants fan it’s hard to feel any pity. Not sure it’s coaching in the G-men’s case. 

Buffalo, Syracuse, SBU, Colgate, Army.....all having good years.  And then there’s us.

Speaking of Colgate, did you see that they are allowing 3.2 ppg? Amazing. Leading all of FCS by almost 8. Glad they weren’t on the sked. 

Louisville has fired football coach Bobby Petrino two days after the Cardinals lost their seventh game in a row to fall to 2-8.

Athletic director Vince Tyra announced the move Sunday, saying he "did not have the confidence" that Petrino could turn things around next season and that the change "needs to start happening now."
"We want to thank Bobby for guiding our football program to some of the better seasons we have had historically at UofL during his two separate tenures here," Tyra said in a statement. "However, at this time we feel the program needs different leadership and we owe it to our student-athletes and fans to get this turned around."

I know it is "apples and oranges", but 2 wins and seven losses in a row gets the coach fired.  When SBU filets UA next week it will eerily be the same situation.

Noticeable differences: Louisville has money, GG to his credit never had a scandal, Petrino actually had some success, and Louisville has an AD that isn't sitting in the shadows not addressing a known issue, etc...

Edited by haggyland
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Buffalo, Syracuse, SBU, Colgate, Army.....all having good years.  And then there’s us.

I was going to post something to this effect about the success of other NY football programs but a severe case of UA football apathy won out...again.

UBuff hires Lance Leipold in 2015 after amazing D3 success.

2015: 5-7, 2016: 2-10, 2017: 6-6.

2018 (4th season): 9-1.

Syracuse hires Dino Babers in 2016 after a short stint both in the FCS and the MAC; he improves each time from Year 1 to Year 2.

2016: 4-8, 2017: 4-8

2018 (3rd season): 8-2 with a high national ranking.

Maybe the Clackster and Ilko are right, and GG just needs more time to get his system implemented!  (TIC)

And don't even get me going on SBU sitting at 7-3 with a UA player at the helm!?!?!?!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, haggyland said:

I was going to post something to this effect about the success of other NY football programs but a severe case of UA football apathy won out...again.

UBuff hires Lance Leipold in 2015 after amazing D3 success.

2015: 5-7, 2016: 2-10, 2017: 6-6.

2018 (4th season): 9-1.

Syracuse hires Dino Babers in 2016 after a short stint both in the FCS and the MAC; he improves each time from Year 1 to Year 2.

2016: 4-8, 2017: 4-8

2018 (3rd season): 8-2 with a high national ranking.

Maybe the Clackster and Ilko are right, and GG just needs more time to get his system implemented!  (TIC)

And don't even get me going on SBU sitting at 7-3 with a UA player at the helm!?!?!?!!?

Dude, you need to work on your patience. It's only been 5 years... 

Dope

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Dude, you need to work on your patience. It's only been 5 years... 

One year ago, I bought in the reasoning for the extension.  One year later, I now know the extension was premature.

I have decided to opt out of my Gold Seats and the $500 donation. My patience is gone.

Edited by cwdickens
Updated information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1