UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ahmad Clark

While the team had not been winning so far this season, Clark is playing like a first teamer. I was showing my 9 year old some basketball videos on YouTube today and I came across one on Clark I hadn't seen before. It's a great watch and pretty inspirational for anyone with kids that are trying to learn the game.  

It's probably been shared here before, but either way, it's worth a watch:

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

At this point in the season (as of 2/4), here is your list of NCAA Division 1 Players that meet the following Critera:

• 17.5+ points per game
  • 2+ Steals per Game
  • 4+ Rebounds per game
  • 4+ Assists per game

filtered.jpg.7c87dc1380c5e8d6cb646f652a29a97c.jpg

He is an interesting player, some things he does really makes you scratch your head but he is extremely talented, I think that much is very clear. If he can limit the crazy sky is the limit. 

• 1 year later...

Kid is 100% effort, and seems to be truly a great part of #purplefam. I watched the video from the OP again, and while him talking about not getting a chance because of who he was behind him in high school was inspirational for kids to watch, I found it interesting that he spoke about the need to play more under control even back then.

He has come a long way as a player. I hope he can get a chance to show what he can do in the post season this year when the team pulls the 3 games in March trick we all expect from Brown :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

AE awards came out today.  Clark made 2nd team All-AE.  Hutchinson made All-Rookie team.  Lulka made All-Academic, 4.0 GPA in Psyc.  Didn't expect much more, maybe de Sousa for defensive team.  Healys injury and shooting wowes kept him off 3rd team I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

AE awards came out today.  Clark made 2nd team All-AE.  Hutchinson made All-Rookie team.  Lulka made All-Academic, 4.0 GPA in Psyc.  Didn't expect much more, maybe de Sousa for defensive team.  Healys injury and shooting wowes kept him off 3rd team I guess.

Great to see Ahmad get the recognition as he played all-out, all the time. Finished 5th in the conference in scoring, 4th in assists and 3rd in steals.

Sorry to see the season crumble around him because he made great strides this year.

• Like 4

He's played his ass off for this team through injuries. Sure he had tried to do it all and that sometimes meant a lot of TOs and forced shots, but that's mostly because he's had to. Kid carried this team on his back all year long. I've really got nothing bad to say about him

So glad he was recognized and joined the 1,000 point club this year

Eh. It's cool...I guess.

Personally, I'd rather see 5 guys work together and collectively shoot 20% than one guy force shot after shot, not trust his teammates, turn it over and himself shoot sub 40%. But I guess we can agree to disagree. I may be the only one in the world who believes this. The times when he attacked and dished were the best of times. It's too bad they are an exception instead of the rule.

I'm hoping Amica is a pass first guard who will trust the young men around him, put them in positions to succeed and be a leader.

Edited by Eli