UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Cup

Anyone know if talks are happening for the Albany Cup to come back this year? No reason to hurt the RPI, but it is a fun game and environment if LCC will agree to home and home. 

Same always. H&H or no game. Should be SEFCU this year, TUC next year, then renovated SEFCU the year after.

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Anyone know if talks are happening for the Albany Cup to come back this year? No reason to hurt the RPI, but it is a fun game and environment if LCC will agree to home and home. 

Same always. H&H or no game. Should be SEFCU this year, TUC next year, then renovated SEFCU the year after.

This thing is more dead then Jimmy Patsos coaching career!

• Haha 1

I fully realize that my views on the UAlbany - LCC mbb game are in the extreme minority of the posts on this forum and I'm not intending on debating with any of the high volume posters.  However, if the series is dead, I feel it should be stated and known before asking us to buy season tickets.  Much as some have stated an intention to reduce their football tickets for their grievances with the Head Coach, I am considering reducing my MBB tickets if it does not include tickets to a home game v LCC or the ability to obtain more or better tickets for a road game.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, statefan said:

I fully realize that my views on the UAlbany - LCC mbb game are in the extreme minority of the posts on this forum and I'm not intending on debating with any of the high volume posters.  However, if the series is dead, I feel it should be stated and known before asking us to buy season tickets.  Much as some have stated an intention to reduce their football tickets for their grievances with the Head Coach, I am considering reducing my MBB tickets if it does not include tickets to a home game v LCC or the ability to obtain more or better tickets for a road game.

Not getting into debate as to why the serious should or shouldn't be renewed but a question...why should the University at Albany comment on a hypothetical game that isn't on the schedule. It's no different (as I see it) on commenting that the game with Texas Tech isn't happening...it's not on the schedule so why confirm a negative. Maybe this would have been an issue last year etc. but this year it's pretty much a given and known that there is no game. 

As for grievances with Head Coach, no...the grievance is with a losing product and a program that isn't producing. It's not personal...just win...they can't seem to win. 

18 minutes ago, statefan said:

Maybe I'm all alone in this, but, if I saw it as a "given", I would not raise the question.

I'm sure you're not...at the risk of being labeled a wind-bag/high-volume poster...as there is no indication AT ALL that Siena is willing to negotiate an equitable contract, my sense is the series is dead as UA's position has been made clear and rightfully so. When they move off their TUC 100% of the time position I'm sure this will get back on the docket. 

On 5/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, Clickclack said:

Not getting into debate as to why the serious should or shouldn't be renewed but a question...why should the University at Albany comment on a hypothetical game that isn't on the schedule. It's no different (as I see it) on commenting that the game with Texas Tech isn't happening...it's not on the schedule so why confirm a negative. Maybe this would have been an issue last year etc. but this year it's pretty much a given and known that there is no game. 

As for grievances with Head Coach, no...the grievance is with a losing product and a program that isn't producing. It's not personal...just win...they can't seem to win. 

I know you are kidding about Texas Tech and I am in the minority but I would travel to see the Danes play there before I would travel to see them play at loudonville 

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread, the TU reports the ADs had preliminary talks Thursday.

Sounding like his predecessor, Killings said the game should return to SEFCU Arena.

“The game needs to happen on both campuses,” he said. “I think that’s the right way to go about it. Regardless of arena size, that’s what both sides of the fans want. They want to have that engaging experience inside their home-court environments.”

Siena, UAlbany discuss reviving men's basketball rivalry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Reviving this thread, the TU reports the ADs had preliminary talks Thursday.

Sounding like his predecessor, Killings said the game should return to SEFCU Arena.

“The game needs to happen on both campuses,” he said. “I think that’s the right way to go about it. Regardless of arena size, that’s what both sides of the fans want. They want to have that engaging experience inside their home-court environments.”

Siena, UAlbany discuss reviving men's basketball rivalry

Coach Killing has expressed similar sediments earlier.... however; with the athletic directors involved, I believe the driving force is dollars and cents....the cost of COVID has both sides will looking to lock into our wallets and pocketbooks...We all know what the other wants...the question: Does Benson cares what UAlbany fans want? Time will tell....

10 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Is it just me or does it seem like they're "in discussion" about this series an awful lot. I swear, nuclear arms deals are done with less negotiations than this game.

It is all about face saving, then blame the other for the failure of the negotiations.... Considering playing the game at SEFCU Arena is a show stopper for nearly every Siena fan... I do not know why the discussions continue expect for the fact that Benson hoping for a six figure contract to play at the T-U Center for three or four years...like $75,000 to $100,000 per game

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Is it just me or does it seem like they're "in discussion" about this series an awful lot. I swear, nuclear arms deals are done with less negotiations than this game.

It’d be helpful if they used the shorthand from nuclear arms talks: if they’re throwing things at each other, they’re having “frank  discussions”; if just yelling, the talks were “businesslike”; otherwise the talks were “useful.”

• Haha 3