UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #27: 2/20/2020 @7PM vs UMBC

I agree with that! However they do play in the america east, that is their league which they are compared with. My biggest gripe with Browns new three point offense is that this team in particular has too many long droughts in scoring. Too many lulls. Again il take third place as a solid year so far, but the offense is so damn boring!

6 minutes ago, McFan said:

Can someone smarter than me explain the end of the first half?  

First w Hanks on the line shooting a 1 and 1 we have nobody rebounding?  Nobody?

Then with fouls to give we and 5 seconds left we let a guy into the lane to score?  Why didn’t we foul?

I know I'm not smarter than you so there's no way I can explain it. There were a ton of moments that made no sense.

UMBC is improving as the season goes on but we looked woefully unprepared tonight. It looked like we were handed a rubik's cube every time we came down on offense and had no idea how to solve it.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I know I'm not smarter than you so there's no way I can explain it. There were a ton of moments that made no sense.

UMBC is improving as the season goes on but we looked woefully unprepared tonight. It looked like we were handed a rubik's cube every time we came down on offense and had no idea how to solve it.

And being unprepared falls on...

you got it the coaching staff

2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

And being unprepared falls on...

you got it the coaching staff

It's pretty much on everyone but yeah. Not sure if we thought because we beat UMBC on the road that we couldn't lose to them at home. If we did, we better get over that by Saturday.

I really do agree with just about every post on here. I wanted a 3-5 win improvement on last year. However next season the excuses stop. We need to get better in the off season. We need to recuit guys that can have an impact and create their own shot. 

Very very poor game. UMBC has improved but they did not play that well. We did not show up at HOME. That's the bigger concern for me because that shows the lack of pride. 

46 points in the paint for UMBC....46. What defense? Our bigs travel, fumble the ball, miss the 5’ shots, etc, etc. I really, really hate the offensive schemes, plus too many quick 3’s ... I left after the first half and checked back in for a few minutes in the second. At least from Florida you can’t smell the stink. The women were 4-24 from 3 pt range the other night. What’s with that? I swear that the three point shot is ruining basketball for me...the NBA has become unwatchable.  

12 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I agree. I have given the team the benefit of the doubt but not next year. Someone on this board (too lazy to look it up) tried to say we are an above average team . We are a slightly below Division 1 team .

Click said this 10 games ago but he is 100 percent right . EVERY SINGLE PLAYER needs to be recruited above. This coaching staff should say every single starting position is open. 

I cant name 1 player that has really improved over last year . Not 1. Someone please help me on this because that's on the coaching staff. 

May have been me who said above average. In my defense, I meant above average at the "lower mid major level" or whatever we are considered. Other than that I AGREE with your post completely.

I know it is probably too late to make changes; but the ONLY big to show anything offensively at all this year is French. Even in limited action he has shown he can hit a short jumper, he can CATCH a pass (and not immediately loose it), he finishes around the basket, does not get his shot blocked and rebounds the hell out of the ball. OK these observations are based on ridiculously low minutes and those low minutes have also shown him a liability on defense. But defense is NOT this teams issue. French is ALWAYS active and energetic; even if in a haphazard way. Not to besmirch players; but if healthy Luka is/should be UA's #1 in the post, and IMHO French should get the majority of the minutes currently given to Hanks and Lauderdale. Hanks does give some good D, but IMHO Lauderdale (and I know some of you love him) has/have IMHO given UA almost nothing in two years.

ps. I'm also the one who said last year,  Frusio should be given some minutes to spell the point. And even though I still believe that, feel free to take that into account when evaluating my French assessment. Hammer away!

Edited by dslyank

12 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

While I am at it, for those fellas here that are UA Lax fans too, notice who the two asst coaches for Marr are?  Two former players and the program has regressed.  Coincidence?  They challenging Marr?  They coming up with new ideas from another program?  I say not.  Nice to be loyal, but in D1 athletics you have to change when times get tough where loyalty may get you fired someday.

I am curious to know how you felt at the Final Four with a UAlbany grad, Liam Gleason as D.C.

38 minutes ago, statefan said:

I am curious to know how you felt at the Final Four with a UAlbany grad, Liam Gleason as D.C.

Liam Gleason got another D1 head coaching job. Show me a Brown disciple with a D1 head coaching job. That final four team was driven by a once in a life time face off guy and a tewaraton finalist 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

I know it is probably too late to make changes; but the ONLY big to show anything offensively at all this year is French. Even in limited action he has shown he can hit a short jumper, he can CATCH a pass (and not immediately loose it), he finishes around the basket, does not get his shot blocked and rebounds the hell out of the ball. OK these observations are based on ridiculously low minutes and those low minutes have also shown him a liability on defense. But defense is NOT this teams issue. French is ALWAYS active and energetic; even if in a haphazard way. Not to besmirch players; but if healthy Luka is/should be UA's #1 in the post, and IMHO French should get the majority of the minutes currently given to Hanks and Lauderdale. Hanks does give some good D, but IMHO Lauderdale (and I know some of you love him) has/have IMHO given UA almost nothing in two years.

ps. I'm also the one who said last year,  Frusio should be given some minutes to spell the point. And even though I still believe that, feel free to take that into account when evaluating my French assessment. Hammer away!

I’m sorry I just don’t see it with Lulka. To be a post player with stone hands will never work. Everyone wants to compare him to S Rowley, yet Rowley had some of the softest hands and touch around the hoop. Just hanging on hope that he turns into something like him and the only similarity is that they’re Australian. 

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Liam Gleason got another D1 head coaching job. Show me a Brown disciple with a D1 head coaching job. That final four team was driven by a once in a life time face off guy and a tewaraton finalist 

Thanks UA'08.  I am not saying a team can never have some home grown coaches and of course basketball teams have more coaches than lax.  But anyone here on the board could coach Lyle, Connor, TD with the same results.  Generational talent.  It's what coaches do without that type of talent in getting the most out of a team and they have fallen short.  Certainly in basketball with little improvement from last year for the bulk of the roster.  Different set or two of eyes may help the team and help CB.  Can't hurt.  Some feelings may be hurt but it's a job and tough decisions have to be made.  As for lax, has Tehoka improved?  #1 recruit in the country in 2017.  What about some of those freshmen from last season highly touted?  Still time for the coaches to improve them but again, an asst who played at an ACC team, Maryland, Yale, for example can bring new ideas.  Just don't think you should put all the eggs in the same basket.  Just trying to suggest an idea early, instead of 2 years from now we are in the same boat.