UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: 12/19/2020 @ 4PM vs UMBC

Feel like it's been ages for a thread like this.

Last Up: L (76-73) @ Stony Brook (2019-2020 AE Quarterfinals)
Next Up: vs UMBC (4-1, 0-0 AE)
Time/Date: 12/19/20 @ 4:00PM EST
TV/Streaming: ESPN3
Local Radio: ESPN Radio 104.5 FM
ESPN Matchup Predictor: UA 52.1% chance of winning

Edited by Eli

Interesting how ESPN came up with that prediction. Many sites have UMBC predicted ahead of UA, and it's our first game of the year, vs a team with 5 games in the books.

Not sure the home court advantage plays much with no fans in the stands.

I have UMBC by 13 in game 1, and UA by 4 in game 2. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

I want to be within 10 in both games . We have a ton of new players.  They have played 5 games.

I want to see guys beat people off the dribble.  I want to see some athelticsm.  Both things we did not see last year.  

If we see those 2 things we have a shot to be good at the end of the year.  

UMBC started with an 8 point loss to Georgetown and then have won 4 straight.

Tough way to start conference, UMBC was picked second in the conference and have played a handful of games while we've played zip. Then it's off to preseason #1 Vermont.

38 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Lifted from the UAlbany MBB Instagram account follow the line below:

https://www.instagram.com/ualbany_mbb/

You should share the actual posts you're referring too because I, and the rest of the community probably, have no idea what you're referring too. Just a tip.

Edited by Eli

8 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Some of us may not be on Instagram or Facebook  - required to read these

Then your missing another source about conference happenings and information ..... I glad that I do not rely on just the bigpurplefan forum....Instagram is great for getting those news flashes.  Further, nearly if not all the UAlbany teams have Instagram accounts and post regularly.   Further, many UAlbany alumni have accounts and keep people updated...the Thompson's, Blaze Riodren, Connor Fields...By the way...not into Facebook....

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Just go to the link.....Laughing Out Loud .....

And look at what specifically? The link takes to you to the entire page with hundreds of images. You want me to click on every single one before I find the one that you *may* be referring too? That's like me telling you to go read a story on CNN and then linking you to the CNN homepage..."Laughing Out Loud" 

Continue to do you, no one can stop you. I was just giving you a tip and letting you know that your posts, without context, are not really aiding the discussion(s). "Laughing Out Loud" 

Edited by Eli

8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I think he meant the 1 day till tip off pick?

Who knows...your guess is as good as mine. Could be that post or a post from 2016. "Laughing Out Loud" 😂

Edited by Eli

Anyhow, can't believe we've finally made it! I have no idea what to expect with this team as we didn't even have a recorded/televised purple and gold game (or whatever Benson calls it these days) to get a sneak peak.

Feel like it's been two years since I've last seen UA sports. About the only thing I think we can be 100% sure of is that Healey will be our number 1 option and our best player.

• How will Lulka look? Will he look like Freshman Lulka and S. Rowley lite? Or will he look like last years Lulka?
  • Did Hank add anything to his post game or is he still a rebound and lay it back up guy?
  • Will Rizzuto be able to hit a broad side of a barn this year?
  • How good is Amica really?
  • Did Hutchenson do anything differently with his body to improve his speed/foot speed? He was a bit 'lead of foot' last year.
  • Will JoJo be a bigger contributor?
  • Who are the new guys? Will any of them be part of the 'core' night in, night out?

So many questions...we'll start to get answers today, finally!

Edited by Eli
  • Like 3