UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

Since like 100 news outlets are now reporting this news, it's a safe bet to make this official Welcome thread.

Welcome Coach! Wishing you great success in this endeavor and hope you hit a home run sooner rather than later! We all hope you will...wait for it...kill it! :)

Welcome to Albany (both the U and the city)!

1231187102.jpg

Edited by Eli
  • Like 4

• Eli changed the title to Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

I was/am among those un-happy when Brown left, let go, whatever. I felt and still do, that other than Iati, the entire group of assistant coaches, not Brown should have been let go. Felt with more support from the top [financially & other]; Will would have been the best option to get UA basketball back on track. Obviously, Will was not about to purge his staff and Administration was not about to provide much in assistance. Knew, we would NOT be bringing in a "big" time head coach. 

With all that said, I'm pretty positive about Killings from what I've read and heard so far. He appears as good and probably BETTER than what would have been available to UA at this point. It is going to be a re-building process, no matter what. While I always respect everyone's opinions on this blog, I do not know what some of you expected UA would be able to get for a new coach. {there aren't that many Rick Pitino's out there--actually there are probably a lot of coaches with a lot of baggage if that is what you want?}

So SANS W. Brown, I'm pretty happy with an up & coming assistant out of the Big East and other top conferences. He is articulate and well connected. Wish him luck and GO DANES.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dslyank said:

So SANS W. Brown, I'm pretty happy with an up & coming assistant out of the Big East and other top conferences. He is articulate and well connected. Wish him luck and GO DANES.

This. Based on what I've read thus far, I think this is good on paper. I'm extremely hopeful.

• Like 1

Welcome to Great Dane Nation .... Coach Killings .... I know everyone, past and present association with this program, wishes you well and much success.

My only recommendation (if you should visit this site and read my welcome: You (and your staff) should never visit the "bigpurplefans" forum again.  Your life will be better for it because you know more about basketball then anyone who visits and posts to this site just as your predecessor. 

25 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Welcome to Great Dane Nation .... Coach Killings .... I know everyone, past and present association with this program, wishes you well and much success.

My only recommendation (if you should visit this site and read my welcome: You (and your staff) should never visit the "bigpurplefans" forum again.  Your life will be better for it because you know more about basketball then anyone who visits and posts to this site just as your predecessor. 

It’s ok, I have a good feeling some of the regular posters over the years will now be gone in the MBB category if you know what I mean. 

4 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

It’s ok, I have a good feeling some of the regular posters over the years will now be gone in the MBB category if you know what I mean. 

If Coach Killings resume is true, I think his hand will reach out to those who care about our wider community.  Any new coach understands the need to build bridges to those who stood by his predecessor because he needs their support in the stands and UAlbany needs the financial support.  However, if you think a similar thinking group of MBB posters is a good thing for this forum so be it.  

IMHO I think a coach or a member of his staff ABSOLUTELY SHOULD follow the local sports blogs and all other social media related to his/her team. Does not mean she/he has to respond or do anything different because of it. But she/he should absolutely be aware of what fans are thinking and talking about!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Imagine having this low an opinion of the fans of the program and yet spending all day posting here...LOL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Imagine having this low an opinion of the fans of the program and yet spending all day posting here...LOL

Calling out our AD, our coaches or the program in general is a huge no no...it must be all sunshine and rainbows and flowery positivity all the time. Yay! Woo!

Starting to think he's a bot...just aggregating social media/NCAA news and sharing here. It's almost as if he's the only one with access to those 'sources' and that none of us have Insta or the internet.

Edited by Eli

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Considering what I seen here...the lack of consideration...the lack of acceptance of others opinions...thoughts...get off your bully pulpit...do you think you know more about basketball then Coach Killings.....do you really care about Great Dane Nation?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Considering what I seen here...the lack of consideration...the lack of acceptance of others opinions...thoughts...get off your bully pulpit...do you think you know more about basketball then Coach Killings.....do you really care about Great Dane Nation?

BWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  I am laughing so hard at this insinuation. It's not even about me...it is just comical.  

• Haha 1