UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

My hot take:

Character: #winning
Recruiting: Seems to have what it takes to bring talent here
Coaching: Philosophy seems to be what we all want, but verdict will depends on the results of the product
Personality: Very down to earth

I think, based on the above, Benson did a fine job. Gotta give credit where it is due. Many of us aren't huge fans of him (and some hate him) but hey, you bring wins and results, all is forgiven. Look at Gattuso. Most of us wanted him gone and now maybe we're happy he's here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Matt Gibbs new asst or did I hear that wrong?

Matt Griffin

I like the coach....seems to have some top flight assistants lined up. Let's see what he can do. I like that he's invested in the area as family connections are important.

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

That was a home run as far as pressers go but we'll see what the result is on the recruiting trail and then on the court in the fall. I'm more excited about the direction of this program than I've been in about a half a decade or more...is that wrong?

100% agreement.  It's only a presser but that was about as good as it gets.

• Like 1

Only stumble was bringing up Anthony Lamb in this presser. I'm not sure if he's aware or not but there are VERY SERIOUS allegations made not only against Anthony Lamb but also about UVM program. The kind that make Bing's issues from years a go a walk in the park. That was a blunder but one I can excuse with maybe he's not up to speed. 

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Only stumble was bringing up Anthony Lamb in this presser. I'm not sure if he's aware or not but there are VERY SERIOUS allegations made not only against Anthony Lamb but also about UVM program. The kind that make Bing's issues from years a go a walk in the park. That was a blunder but one I can excuse with maybe he's not up to speed. 

I'm not up to speed either. What happened?

Also, I think he was referring to Lamb as just someone that coach found and more about his talent, not anything else.