UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Last Up: L (20-15) at Delaware
Next Up: at William & Mary (3-1, 1-0 CAA)
Time/Date: 10/9/21 @ 3:30PM
TV/Streaming: FloFootball
Local Radio: 104.5

Fire "I Wouldn't Know Football If It Hit Me In The Face" Gattuso. Clown show goes on the road to William & Mary.

Things that pop out:

• Out of 31 stats tracked, we are last in 9 of them. We are 2nd to last in 2 of them. Together, we are bottom two in 11 out of 31 stats (or 35% of them).
  • Our offense has never been worse in the CAA. Ever. Not even when we were first year members. EVER.
  • Our running game is non-existent. Not even close to average a measly 50 yards.
  • Contrary to posts the last few games, our special teams is actually the best part of our team as an overall unit lol.
  • Our opponents have nearly double us up on 1st downs.
  • We allow opponents to convert 4th downs at an impressive rate.
  • We have the ball for less than half the game.

2021-10-03-20-12-36-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

Edited by Eli

“I think sometimes it’s lost in the quest for winning national championships and everything, but football’s about a lot more than just record, and so we work really hard on all aspects of what’s good for our players,” Gattuso said. “But certainly, to be competing in this league, we have to win this football game if we have any hopes of driving toward some type of successful end.”

LOL...you know who comes out with a gem like "but football's about a lot more than just record"...a guy with a horrendous record at UA and let's face it an 8 year loser here. Can't recruit, can't coach, this kid is making bad decisions, that guy drops passes...always the kids fault. Can't wait for the day this mess ends!

Bottom line is you are either a winner or a loser...if in 8 years you can't get the needle moving, you're a loser! Not like the guy is 2 years into a rebuild. I think the fans and the school have been more than patient. Nothing left to prove here.... 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love my seats, and I keep renewing so I don't lose my location. The way things are going I have no reason to renew next season. There is close to a 0% chance that anyone will buy them, and they will be available for future seasons if I change my mind and decide to go back.

Anyone, along those notes... I have some great seats and a SEFCU lot parking pass of anyone wants to use them this season. It doesn't look like I'll want to waste my time going to the field again this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I love my seats, and I keep renewing so I don't lose my location. The way things are going I have no reason to renew next season. There is close to a 0% chance that anyone will buy them, and they will be available for future seasons if I change my mind and decide to go back.

Anyone, along those notes... I have some great seats and a SEFCU lot parking pass of anyone wants to use them this season. It doesn't look like I'll want to waste my time going to the field again this season.

This is precisely my reasoning too...but with my move to FL and possibly only seeing a game every year or two, it's not as critical for me to keep my seat. However, like you said, we suck so bad I doubt anyone will be buying it long term. The second Gattuso is fired is the second I call the ticket office to repurchase it lol. 

William & Mary's season to date:

SEP 4 (SAT) 7:30 PM

Roger Wyland stated prior to the game GG was looking to make a change... needed to see if number 2 QB could make a difference ... based on the 1st half ... looks like the plan is working .... defense, once again up to the task  .... very quite here on the forum .....

Edited by cwdickens
update