UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

What does it say for those who don’t have a subscription 

I thought if I used their email link anybody could read it

"We didn't have the season that we wanted to have, so we've got four games left," Alexander said. "We've just got to come out and finish and continue to get better. For the seniors, we've got to finish out strong for them. The returning guys, we've got to get ready for next season and have a good, strong season."

well, maybe not

6 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Today's NWS Forecast for Towson University Campus:

Today
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. South wind 7 to 10 mph.

Sunny, cloudy or rainy....No matter the weather, fingers crossed for a "W".

Well, fingers crossed, just did not work .... three serious turnovers, that led to 14 points by Towson, ugh

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

The UM/MSU was a fantastic game won by MSU.  And you have to love the announcing by Gus Johnson.  He could make the UA offense sound like a juggernaut, lol.

Yup. Great college game. And Union knocked off Hobart 27-20 in 1 OT. Back and forth all game. Last I checked, UA was down 30-3. Really mailing it in this week. 

• Like 2

Post game presser prop bets:

+105 Gattuso complains about Towson throwing for a TD with under 2 to go

-110 Gattuso complains about Towson running up the score with under 2 to go

15-1 Gattuso accepts blame

5-3 Gattuso blames the staff

Even Money Gattuso says we were close, untimely turnovers cost us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We only put up 24 because Towson's defense got up big and took the foot off the throat. It was 31-3. But hey, I'm happy with the loss. One game closer to never having to watch a Gattuso coached football game. This is akin for me of a team tanking for the first overall pick in an upcoming draft. Our prize will be no more Gattuso.

Mark Benson right now:

beach-man.gif

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Team comes out, gives up a long drive for a FG. Team has a long drive to the one, where your star QB fumbles on a rushed sneak. D responds by giving up a 98 yard drive for a TD. O has a nice drive going and then their star QB throws a long pick six on a very questionable play call. D sags again. By late in the third it’s 31-3 and Towson eases up and UA can score a few points to let it look like they had a chance...they didn’t. “If we were able to go down and put one more in we felt like we had a chance to win the football game” is the quote from GG. When your team comes out and lays an egg for almost three full quarters, the football gods aren’t inclined to reward you. Adios for 2021. Flo is cancelled, tix going in the trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dslyank said:

UA scores with 18 seconds left. G says we made is close @ the end????? Still needed 14 points and the ball with only 18 seconds left. What a stupid comment. 

Yeah. I thought the same thing. Down by 21 and you score a td with 18 sec to go. Whoopdy freaking do. They call it garbage time for a reason. 

8 minutes ago, dslyank said:

UA scores with 18 seconds left. G says we made is close @ the end????? Still needed 14 points and the ball with only 18 seconds left. What a stupid comment. 

This is his MO. Why are people upset? He says this after EVERY game and EVERY season. "If only we had scored more, we would have won!" No $iena sherlock...that's the point of the game. Score more than other guy. Dude is a full blown clown with these comments.

Based on my stats tracker, he is losing games by an average of 12.3 points this season. So basically 2 scores. We are NOT CLOSE.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eli said:

This is his MO. Why are people upset? He says this after EVERY game and EVERY season. "If only we had scored more, we would have won!" No $iena sherlock...that's the point of the game. Score more than other guy. Dude is a full blown clown with these comments.

Based on my stats tracker, he is losing games by an average of 12.3 points this season. So basically 2 scores. We are NOT CLOSE.

Stats are important....however, in yesterday's game, how UAlbany played in two situations heavily contributed to the loss including a fumble by Undercuffler at the Towson 1 yard line (which led to a Towson drive for a touchdown) and interception by Towson for a touchdown.

Lastly, UAlbany has been regulated to the last page of the Albany Times - Union sports section.  UAlbany has moved as far back in the Albany sports scene as you can get.  

Yes, something has to change in order to move forward and back to the fore front of the Albany community sport scene.