UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

State Teachers College: 1844-2022

scrabbleship

We're stuck in a garbage conference without flagship status why? Has everyone ever involved in this godforsaken institution been dropped on their head?

SUNY gives no craps about us. Albany gives no craps about us. The CAA doesn't want us. If we closed the school, demolished the campus, and built condos and a golf course would anyone really miss it? How can we be like Stony Brook, a school with foresight and brains?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

You may be confusing "foresight and brains" with population, political representation and money. I know this blog is suppose to be non-political; but it has been argued for years that NYC, LI, & Westchester Co should be a STATE on their own. 

Contrary to popular belief, economically speaking, splitting the state would be worse for the rest of us...not better.

5 reasons why splitting New York would be a disaster for Upstate - syracuse.com

Upstate New Yorkers pay about $20 billion per year in taxes and fees to the state, and receive back about $34 billion in spending, according to a 2011 study by the Rockefeller Institute of Government in Albany.

I can't stand the lunacy in NYC either but NYS already sucks (why I moved out), splitting would make it that much worse. Sure if you split it then we might be able to make a more favorable business climate and companies would move back into Upstate but do you think it would amount to $14B on a yearly basis? I don't...at least not for many many many years...and in the meantime the state would be broker than broke.

• Like 1

Definitely NOT recommending a split.  Just pointing out that brook may not have the "foresight and brains" someone suggested. They definitely have political clout (i.e stadium named after long time L.I. legislator) and have always been funded disproportionately IMHO to UA (see previous parenthesses.)

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Definitely NOT recommending a split.  Just pointing out that brook may not have the "foresight and brains" someone suggested. They definitely have political clout (i.e stadium named after long time L.I. legislator) and have always been funded disproportionately IMHO to UA (see previous parenthesses.)

Like Joe Bruno Stadium?

14 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Because he was from Troy (Rensselaer County). Very easy answer.  

No, Joe was born and grew up in Glens Falls...graduated high school in Glens Falls, St. Mary....Skidmore grad...when he finally served in the Rockefeller Administration moved to Rensselaer County....quickly move up the ranks in Rensselaer County....lastly, I do not think he ever lived in the City of Troy, lived in the Town of Brunswick....the stadium was built at HVCC because of Joe's passion for Rensselaer County.

21 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

No, Joe was born and grew up in Glens Falls...graduated high school in Glens Falls, St. Mary....Skidmore grad...when he finally served in the Rockefeller Administration moved to Rensselaer County....quickly move up the ranks in Rensselaer County....lastly, I do not think he ever lived in the City of Troy, lived in the Town of Brunswick....the stadium was built at HVCC because of Joe's passion for Rensselaer County.

Sorry sir for not writing a paragraph  to answer a question.  You are right sir, as always sir. I will try to do better again next time sir. Please accept by deepest apologies for my misinformation sir. 

I throughly enjoy your meaningless Instagram links as well as the conference standings links they anyone can find on espn. Your contribution to this board is beyond enlightening.  

Bottom line is that he had deep ties to rensselaer County and they wanted the stadium and named it after him . Again im sorry sir. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, UA1882 said:

Sorry sir for not writing a paragraph  to answer a question.  You are right sir, as always sir. I will try to do better again next time sir. Please accept by deepest apologies for my misinformation sir. 

I throughly enjoy your meaningless Instagram links as well as the conference standings links they anyone can find on espn. Your contribution to this board is beyond enlightening.  

Bottom line is that he had deep ties to rensselaer County and they wanted the stadium and named it after him . Again im sorry sir. 

You are silly and just throwing shark bait....again the only correct thing said about was Joe Bruno had a passion for Rensselaer County..... just remember no one forces to read my postings....had to believe you are a Great Dane Fan...another great source for America East Conference is https://americaeast.com/

Edited by cwdickens
clarification