UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 FBS Game Announced- Baylor

An impressive opponent considering most of our FBS foes are lower level FBS but this could be ugly, embarrassing, and potential for injuries vs a much faster, bigger team.  Money will be good for showing up but our talent level based on last season and our fearless leader are in over their heads.  Great for the kids and recruiting but let's say a 50-60 pt blowout, does that help the program?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Better or worse than the Syracuse game last year?

Will be worse I'm sure as Cuse was a FBS upgrade from Old Dominon, Buffalo, CMU, etc and look what happened.  A Syracuse type team should be the max talented team UA plays and only because of the proximity and NY State attraction.  Scheduling Baylor is insane.  Is Benson leaving a message for Saban for a future game, lol.

Do you think Chip and Joann Gaines (from HGTV show Fixer Upper & Magnolia brand) will host a tailgate party for visiting UAlbany fans.....this is a big deal.....the Gaines are both Baylor grads and football fans.....

ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany football team and head coach Greg Gattuso have announced that the Great Danes will travel to Waco, Texas, this fall to open the 2022 season against the Baylor Bears in McLane Stadium on Sept. 3.

18 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Pay day is probably close to 750k-1 million.

I have no issue with this game...

This.

I'm all for the players taking one for the team in the process of getting a nice payday for the program to (hopefully) further it's agenda and overall improvement. If that million (and more like it if we schedule other such games in the future) lead to the program being able to get a nice new locker room or field house, by all means...schedule away and let the beatings commence! 

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Pay day is probably close to 750k-1 million.

I have no issue with this game...and with the portal, we should have rebuilt the team well.  Still, it will be a beating. 

The financial impact is greater than 10 years worth of UAlbany-Siena MBB rivalry games...agreed with others...we will be outclassed on the field

Edited by cwdickens
update

This wasn't an originally scheduled game. Baylor had a full schedule released a couple of months ago. Their original oppenent cancelled to schedule someone else. The details of who is out on the Baylor site somewhere. Not sure if it helps with the payout, but with all the football games scheduled way in advance, no complaints on getting this one. 

I am certainly hoping with it being opening weekend that either Baylor, Texas or Texas A&M gets moved to Thursday to give me a chance to visit a second football game that weekend

Apparently Baylor is cheap.  They only pay about 400k average plus travel for these types pf games, according to a buddy who used to play baseball for baylor and is now an influential alumni.  Maybe due to the need of a game did Albany squeeze a little more juice.   

• Like 1