UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #4: 11/14/22 - 7:00PM vs Union

Eli

I was so excited about this game that I totally did not know it was last night. Just read about it and am quite glad I forgot. Apparently the team forgot there was a game last night. No excuses this time…no 6-10 twin towers. While I can understand why Union can get all hyped up at the chance to play a local D1 school and lay it all on the line to try to win, it does not reflect well at all on coaching and preparation by the UA staff. And allowing for the possibility that both were excellent, it would then not reflect well on the overall team’s ability or desire to play defense and rebound. So glad I missed it. What team plays St Joes? The first half vs LCC or the second half vs LCC? The Union team or the team that battled Towson? We shall see. From what I observe from afar, with the loss of Neely (most likely), this team will struggle with consistency on both sides of the ball (sound familiar?) and be VERY lucky to pull out a .500 season. 

Edited by jimbo

Well, lets see...we barely escaped with a 2 point win over Skidmore, we had to battle to beat St. Rose by 7, we trail Union at halftime but win by 12. What do these results show us? Perhaps if we played in the Liberty League with Union and Skidmore, or the Northeast 10 Conference with St. Rose, we would be highly competitive. Might not win it all, but would be a tough out. I’m just kidding here..........I think. I hope.  Maybe we just play down to our opponent? Next up @ St. Joseph’s. We’ll see.

13 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

As much as I think what Bryant did in winning by triple digits last week was abhorrent, I think I'd rather that than watching a school like Union keep it close. 

+++

The under DI portion of the schedule was/is a TOTAL DISGRACE. The TEAM, Coaching staff, water/towel person, All Involved, need to acknowledge and hopefully FIX IT.

Haven’t watched a single game yet, but as far as I’m concerned they’ve only played 2 real games. Towson and Siena. Towson picked 1st in the CAA they hung with till the end without Neely. Siena a double digit lead lost in the 2nd half and a collapse. Still early, but seems to me the talent is there, luckily there are plenty of games left to try and get this team to gel.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

+++

The under DI portion of the schedule was/is a TOTAL DISGRACE. The TEAM, Coaching staff, water/towel person, All Involved, need to acknowledge and hopefully FIX IT.

They are playing three Atlantic 10 teams, a Big East, ACC, MAC, and a C-USA team. If they do that every year I’m ok with them putting two D2 teams on the schedule. 

*if you meant how they played in the D2 games nvm. I thought you meant how they have two D2 games on the schedule.

Edited by UA'08

I can't yet figure this team out...against Towson and LCC (for 30min) they looked pretty good.... against sub D1 they look like garbage. This team isn't well constructed, that much is clear but a little miffed at how poorly they have played against non-D1 teams while looking at least like a functional D1 team against Towson and then LCC for 30 min. Sure, the wheels fell off against LCC and that's something to shore up but they looked at least competent. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UA'08 said:

*if you meant how they played in the D2 games nvm. I thought you meant how they have two D2 games on the schedule.

YES absolutely meant how they played. Don't care how many D2s & 3s they play; as long as they play WELL with the pride & boise of a D1. OK possible for a D2/3 to beat or almost beat a ONE. But it should be the exception and not the rule and usually happens when one or two of the D2/3 players has an insane game. But in ALL 3 UA's  games, IMHO it was "disgraceful" play by UA and not exceptional play by the opponents that made the games close.