UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 31 / Conference Game 16 Feb 28 (Tue) 7:00 PM Burlington, VT Patrick Gymnasium "Is This a New Beginning or Just the End?"

I thought they played strong defense, hustled, and played well in the first half. Yes there were a couple failed rotations and UVM made them pay, but you just can't beat a team that is hitting everything while well contested. If you ignore the score and just watched the energy and play you'd think Albany was winning, not down 15 at the half.

Obviously we were never going to win this game, but a come back would be cool. NH pulled ahead of NJIT now, so we may control our own destiny.

25 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I feel like we played better than a 15 point deficit.  We just missed some shots and they hit some heat checks. 

I kinda agree.  I think we’re playing ok.  They are just better.  Maybe at every position.

NJIT did their part. We can't hit a shot. Season over. Would have been nice to finish the season with a comeback and playoff spot, but ending the season a week early and getting a chance to reflect and start figuring out next season now is fine. I can use a break from following college basketball anyway.

Maine with a HOLY SMOKES buzzer beater.

I point you to Maine at what CAN be done anywhere.  A 7-9 year is quite an accomplishment by Markwood.  Really like him, and was always a nice guy when I chatted with him here in Boston. 

• Like 1

The message sent by Coach Killings, if you suited up tonight and did not make the floor, you might want to start looking at other schools to play for.  Vermont went nine deep with actual playing time while UAlbany played only seven ... I think there will be many new faces next season ....

• Like 1

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 Men's Basketball
  Away Home Result Location Links

UMBCUMBC70

Final
Vestal, NY (Conf.)  

BryantBryant64
MaineMaine66

Final
Orono, ME (Conf.)  

NJITNJIT58

Final
Durham, N.H. (Conf.) Box Score

Final
Burlington, Vt. (Conf.)

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 14-2 .875 20-10 .667 W12
UMass Lowell 11-5 .688 24-7 .774 W4
New Hampshire 9-7 .562 14-14 .500 W1
Bryant 8-8 .500 17-12 .586 L2
UMBC 8-8 .500 18-13 .581 W1
Binghamton 8-8 .500 12-17 .414 L4
Maine 7-9 .438 13-16 .448 W2
NJIT 4-12 .250 7-22 .241 L5
UAlbany 3-13 .188 8-23 .258 L1

11 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The message sent by Coach Killings, if you suited up tonight and did not make the floor, you might want to start looking at other schools to play for.  Vermont went nine deep with actual playing time while UAlbany played only seven ... I think there will be many new faces next season ....

Concur completely and quite frankly, a positive growth step by a young coach in Killings.  

9 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Concur completely and quite frankly, a positive growth step by a young coach in Killings.  

Not sure what you meant by "young coach in Killings" as he came to UAlbany after spending 18 years in the ranks as an assistant in seven organizations.  At age 42, Killings might be considered middle age by many.  Further, his UAlbany bio promotes his skill sets that he has developed over those 20 years, many of which he has failed to demonstrate completely and/or in any consistent basis over the last two seasons.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify