UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 31 / Conference Game 16 Feb 28 (Tue) 7:00 PM Burlington, VT Patrick Gymnasium "Is This a New Beginning or Just the End?"

10 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I thought they played strong defense, hustled, and played well in the first half. Yes there were a couple failed rotations and UVM made them pay, but you just can't beat a team that is hitting everything while well contested. If you ignore the score and just watched the energy and play you'd think Albany was winning, not down 15 at the half.

Obviously we were never going to win this game, but a come back would be cool. NH pulled ahead of NJIT now, so we may control our own destiny.

They failed to demonstrate the moxie shown in the NJIT game nor cannot play a game without committing technical fouls.  In a way UAlbany did play better, we lost just by 18 points vs. 19 points in our home game against UVM.

14 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Not sure what you meant by "young coach in Killings" as he came to UAlbany after spending 18 years in the ranks as an assistant in seven organizations.  At age 42, Killings might be considered middle age by many.  Further, his UAlbany bio promotes his skill sets that he has developed over those 20 years, many of which he has failed to demonstrate completely and/or in any consistent basis over the last two seasons.

Young head coach, experience wise.  He’s in his second year as a hc.  Very different duties than a career assistant.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Young head coach, experience wise.  He’s in his second year as a hc.  Very different duties than a career assistant.  

Please read his bio on the UAlbanysports.com, the bio outlines his experiences, and the skill sets in recruitment, game analysis, player development, leadership and ethical behavior.  Let us remember, that is how the university president & AD justified Killings salary of $365,000.

13 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Please read his bio on the UAlbanysports.com, the bio outlines his experiences, and the skill sets in recruitment, game analysis, player development, leadership and ethical behavior.  Let us remember, that is how the university president & AD justified Killings salary of $365,000.

Do you seriously not know how I feel about DK and his performance? Also, i am very familiar with his bio. 

• Haha 1

Dickens has Trump Derangement Syndrome, oops I mean Killings Derangement Syndrome. The irrational over the top of hatred of him regardless of the facts. There is not anything Killings could possibly ever do that has any redeeming value whatsoever. 

Clarification: I am not a Trump fan, and I hate using this term from the MAGA crowd, but it is true. Trump could have made the minimum wage $50, cured cancer, and brokered lasting peace in the middle east and many on the left would not be able to acknowledge anything positive because of their hatred. Dane96 has clearly spoken out against Killings and has been clear on his stance. Silly that Dickens would find a way to bash even the slightest compliment. It's funny really.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, cwdickens said:

The message sent by Coach Killings, if you suited up tonight and did not make the floor, you might want to start looking at other schools to play for.  Vermont went nine deep with actual playing time while UAlbany played only seven ... I think there will be many new faces next season ....

Did he say this during an interview or something or is this just inferred? Because he is now in year 3 and if he wants to keep his job he is going to need to get mean in a sense.  He is just too nice at times. If you can't contribute on a bad team then you should be let go.  

• Like 1

Wow 99

You really come up with some dozzies. If killings wins the 2024 national championship with the Danes next season and the lawsuit is resolved in his favor no Danes fan will be complaining. I must say that Killings is more likely to accomplish that than trump accomplishing any of the things you mentioned.  

Just comparing Killings to trump isn't good for Killings. The promise that athletics sold that he would be the guy to take albany to the next level so far has aged as poorly as don the con's promises. There are many examples but I am thinking in particular that he would balance the budget but instead has seen the largest deficit. Kind of like albany won loss record vs promise . Also to compare killings possible criminal action to trumps would certainly be a disservice to killings. Apparent one time incident by Killings.  

Edited by bob87
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bob87 said:

Wow 99

You really come up with some dozzies. If killings wins the 2024 national championship with the Danes next season and the lawsuit is resolved in his favor no Danes fan will be complaining. I must say that Killings is more likely to accomplish that than trump accomplishing any of the things you mentioned.  

Just comparing Killings to trump isn't good for Killings. The promise that athletics sold that he would be the guy to take albany to the next level so far has aged as poorly as don the con's promises. There are many examples but I am thinking in particular that he would balance the budget but instead has seen the largest deficit. Kind of like albany won loss record vs promise . Also to compare killings possible criminal action to trumps would certainly be a disservice to killings. Apparent one time incident by Killings.  

LOL Bob, love how people have poor reading comprehension and don't understand humor on a web board. No where did I compare Killings to Trump. I compared cwdickens hatred of Killings to the lefts hatred of Trump. Nothing positive can be said about Killings without him trying to find any angle to make it negative. Trump never tried to do all those things, but those were things that those on the left would applaud if it was done by anyone but him. If he did it, they would say yeah but he is a racist with orange skin or something like that. 

I truly believe that if the court cases end with no wrong doing found, Killings goes undefeated in the AE, and makes the Sweet 16 there are those on this board that find a way to turn it negative.  

19 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

LOL Bob, love how people have poor reading comprehension and don't understand humor on a web board. No where did I compare Killings to Trump. I compared cwdickens hatred of Killings to the lefts hatred of Trump. Nothing positive can be said about Killings without him trying to find any angle to make it negative. Trump never tried to do all those things, but those were things that those on the left would applaud if it was done by anyone but him. If he did it, they would say yeah but he is a racist with orange skin or something like that. 

I truly believe that if the court cases end with no wrong doing found, Killings goes undefeated in the AE, and makes the Sweet 16 there are those on this board that find a way to turn it negative.  

Sad, just plain sad.

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I Know You Are GIF - I Know Youare What Am I GIFs

This place is starting to turn into the Siena swamp forum...and it has been trending that way for two years. 

Can't blame it on me no mo! I've been largely disengaged because of the dumpster fire programs we are trottin out onto fields and courts all around lol.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I Know You Are GIF - I Know Youare What Am I GIFs

This place is starting to turn into the Siena swamp forum...and it has been trending that way for two years. 

Very true. The calculus looks like this:

Losing way more than we win

+

Scandals

+

Poorly thought out and executed plans and policies from the program/School

+

Overly negative people on the board

+

Aging of forum members as younger folks don't use forums, and opt for other social platforms 

+

Bickering and personal attacks

=======================

Less active message board with fewer new members and devolving conversations. 

The cure to this problem?

A winning program. Winning cures all.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

But the question remains not how the MBB program becomes a winning program, but how we become a MBB program going to the NCAA Tournament?  Sadly, posters will vent from here to tin buck two if we win games but fail to make the tournament.

Look at this forum's history.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

21 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

But the question remains not how the MBB program becomes a winning program, but how we become a MBB program going to the NCAA Tournament?  Sadly, posters will vent from here to tin buck two if we win games but fail to make the tournament.

Look at this forum's history.

Timbukto

I'm not a spelling nerd; just wanted to prove that I read all this nonsense

• Like 2
  • Haha 3