UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #12: 11/18/23 - 1:00PM vs Monmouth (Regular Season Finale)

Just now, DanesRGood said:

So I take it there is no shot for a bye now without the auto-bid or only teams that get that auto-bid get the bye?

I think there were some very helpful losses today (specifically Furman).  I think Albany and 'Nova get a seed.  I think 'Nova gets a higher seed because of their pedigree...and I think we get 8, which isn't great because that means if we get past the first game we play, we are off to SDSU in the Final 8.  The 7th slot is more preferable as SDSU is literally unbeatable right now. 

Still crazy that we beat Nova 31-10 and they get the auto-bid.  

Edit:  Now that I think about it that would be unfair to Richmond since they finished with the same record but just didn't play Albany or Nova.  

I think the better way would've been what Danes96 described above. Albany's win over Nova eliminates them and then go to pt differential and Albany would've won over Richmond. 

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

I tried to give my buddy my login and when he logged in, it kicked me off.  Seems only one screen at a time allowed. Also, it's terrible CAA still uses Flo.  I have like 7 alumni friends who want to watch the game. All said, I can't find it on ESPN+. 🙄

As for the game, so far so good.  Take care of business in the second half!

Yeah that's true. I tend to watch the games (almost all sports even NFL and F1) way after they are done so it allows him to use while I'm not. But it's definitely helpful to split the costs. And then cancel at the end of the season. 

32 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Still crazy that we beat Nova 31-10 and they get the auto-bid.  

Edit:  Now that I think about it that would be unfair to Richmond since they finished with the same record but just didn't play Albany or Nova.  

I think the better way would've been what Danes96 described above. Albany's win over Nova eliminates them and then go to pt differential and Albany would've won over Richmond. 

Nova should be out of consideration.  Should be between Albany and Richmond with Albany taking it.

33 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Pretty sure I read recently that the auto bid has nothing to do with seeding??

Yes, that's what Gattuso said Wednesday. If the committee uses the Coaches' Poll I don't have much hope for a seed. The CAA "Could" get two seeds but unlikely.

Attendance today 3505, again not bad for November, but may not help our bid for a home game even in the first round - depends how much Benson wants to bid.

Seven more sacks today by the defense.

Has there been any mention of a viewing party for the selection show?

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Yes, that's what Gattuso said Wednesday. If the committee uses the Coaches' Poll I don't have much hope for a seed. The CAA "Could" get two seeds but unlikely.

Attendance today 3505, again not bad for November, but may not help our bid for a home game even in the first round - depends how much Benson wants to bid.

Seven more sacks today by the defense.

Has there been any mention of a viewing party for the selection show?

• Like 1

First off, congrats to Greg Gattuso for bringing a CAA championship to UAlbany. It's been a BRUTAL road more often than not, but credit when and where it is due. Hopefully this is the start of him building a perennial winner here.

It's unfortunate we didn't get the auto-bid or outright championship.

That being said - maybe I'm old school (even though I'm in my mid-30's) but the F bombs, middle fingers, smoking talk post game from the student athletes is... 😒 .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

First off, congrats to Greg Gattuso for bringing a CAA championship to UAlbany. It's been a BRUTAL road more often than not, but credit when and where it is due. Hopefully this is the start of him building a perennial winner here.

It's unfortunate we didn't get the auto-bid or outright championship.

That being said - maybe I'm old school (even though I'm in my mid-30's) but the F bombs, middle fingers, smoking talk post game from the student athletes is... 😒 .

Wait till you get to your early 60's like me, I am even older school and that behavior is total BS.  Even in the NFL.  My Giants last Sunday were down 42-10 and about to go to 2 and 8.  A Giant DB(Holmes) picks off the backup QB Rush with a few minutes left and then waives the defense to the end zone to mug for pics.  Read the room dude, you didn't seal a Super Bowl victory with that interception,  your 2 and freakin 8. Daboll should bench him rest of season.

Edited by nysteve661
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam Herder is usually very much on the money, and he has us as the #4 seed, which means if we win two games...we would face SDSU in the semis.  He has Nova as a 6.  He has Idaho as #5, which means they would come to Casey presuming we win our first game. We play @ Idaho next year. 

Edited by Dane96