UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Around the country hoops season 2023....

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

On your First paragraph,  we will agree to disagree.  I Never root for them, and never will. 

I'm more of a "have them be good, but lose to and be below us in rankings at all times" kind of hater. I agree the rivalry is best when both teams are good, but I will never root for them in the seasons they beat us. 

That said, I do revel in each loss they have. Always have, probably always will. The utter smug and superiority complex of their fans will always make me root against them.

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm more of a "have them be good, but lose to and be below us in rankings at all times" kind of hater. I agree the rivalry is best when both teams are good, but I will never root for them in the seasons they beat us. 

That said, I do revel in each loss they have. Always have, probably always will. The utter smug and superiority complex of their fans will always make me root against them.

In my case, I’m a life long area resident and UA grad. I rooted for local teams.  When at UA I joined the chorus and the team in green was a hated rival. But I never developed the lingering hatred and loathing many of you have. As the product of a mixed marriage (father a Yankee fan and mother’s family from eastern Mass) I became a Yankees fan, but never developed the hatred of all things Red Sox. And I was happy when they won the WS. Now NFL is another thing entirely. As a passionate Giants fan from early childhood, my heart burns with a hatred of anything Dallas, Philly and Washington. My wife tells me that this is unhealthy. Probably. When Union or RPI are doing well in hockey or football I’ll root for them too. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 11:23 PM, bob87 said:

On your First paragraph,  we will agree to disagree.  I Never root for them, and never will. 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:33 AM, godanesgo99 said:

On 4/4/2024 at 6:41 AM, jimbo said:

In my case, I’m a life long area resident and UA grad. I rooted for local teams.  When at UA I joined the chorus and the team in green was a hated rival. But I never developed the lingering hatred and loathing many of you have. As the product of a mixed marriage (father a Yankee fan and mother’s family from eastern Mass) I became a Yankees fan, but never developed the hatred of all things Red Sox. And I was happy when they won the WS. Now NFL is another thing entirely. As a passionate Giants fan from early childhood, my heart burns with a hatred of anything Dallas, Philly and Washington. My wife tells me that this is unhealthy. Probably. When Union or RPI are doing well in hockey or football I’ll root for them too. 

I grew in the Town of Colonie, not far from Siena, my father is Siena grad and I have worked along side many Siena grads.  I have experienced the good, bad, the ugly and uglier of this rivalry.  So, I understand when someone takes an extremely dim view of the Siena fan base.  That individual has likely been at the wrong end of a few comments.

That being said, many of those who used to share their feelings with me about "Albany State",  you see many could come to grips with the phase University at Albany or UAlbany, are no longer with us.  

Is the younger Siena grad as attuned to the rivalry?  I am not sure; the older Siena fans are still and they want to return to the NCAA Tournament before UAlbany.  

That being said, please check today Times-Union concerning a former Syracuse N-I-L sponsor that Coach McNamara is recruiting.  The question now becomes was $iena pursuing McNamara as a coach and/or the money guy recruiter in order to have a source to buy a winning team?  Something to ponder.

Edited by cwdickens
update

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Not Will Brown, aints promote women’s assistant Terry Primm

John D'Argenio was not looking for someone that might draw comparisons and might demand a more equitable situation for the women's program.  Can you image John giving any consideration to someone that had demanded a fairer and more equitable scheduling agreement? 

When Siena and their fans talks about their basketball tradition, their talking about their MBB program (for the most part.)

Hopefully, Will is looking elsewhere as the local options have dried up. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 8:23 PM, cwdickens said:

John D'Argenio was not looking for someone that might draw comparisons and might demand a more equitable situation for the women's program.  Can you image John giving any consideration to someone that had demanded a fairer and more equitable scheduling agreement? 

When Siena and their fans talks about their basketball tradition, their talking about their MBB program (for the most part.)

Hopefully, Will is looking elsewhere as the local options have dried up. 

n/m

Edited by Clickclack